Multiple colors on screen when connecting

Thanks alot for all the help, and I will for sure hit back here when I get a cable and\or when I get new projector.

Ty sam, I msg’d him now

I’ve already sent him a PM and asked if he can advise here.
It would be good if he could post here instead of PM as it may help other users in the same situation.

1 Like

Roger that :slight_smile:

Quite but my point is I think it’s just bad copy writing in the advert. They say 4k, 60Hz, 4:4:4 and HDR then qualify it later in case anyone thinks you can get all at once. Bottom line should be 18Gbps is 18Gbps which is all you want for a few years yet.

I wonder if these fibre cables have the same issues as the HDMI over Cat6 though, with poor EDID support?

Perhaps, but it seems very odd that they would explicitly state “4K HDR up to 30Hz” if it actually can do 60Hz.

Plus, in that situation, I’d rather buy something that has been tested successfully by the AVSForum guys - it’s remarkable how many of the cables they tested failed to pass a signal correctly despite the manufacturers claiming they should be able to.

I don’t know about the Norwegian cable, but the Monoprice and RUIPRO cables are “hybrid fibre”, meaning they do also contain a copper conductor which is used specifically for passing EDID information back from display to source. So, that should work okay.

EDIT: Having said that, I’m not certain if fibre cables properly support ARC and especially eARC. That might be an issue.

1 Like

https://www.elkjop.no/product/data/kabler-og-tilkobling-pc-og-nettverk/TBHDMI2M/turtle-beach-hdmi-2-0-kabel-2-m

Any length of 1.5 meters or more will do - HDMI cables seems to get issues if they are too short in my experience. I know a lot of surround processors recommend not to go below 1.5 meters

1 Like

Tor, I think he needs a longer one.

Its kind of hard recommending anything when no info is given (I don’t have time to read through a long thread). Go to ANY store selling HDMI and buy one certified for 18Gbps. It should be easy :slight_smile:

Of course, cheap HDMI cables often suffer from production variations - so if one does not work; go back and replace it with another.

Edit:
Or do my approach, buy a bunch - test through them until you find one working (if not the first one); then return the rest :smiley:

I have seen a bunch of issues regarding HDMI cables. The HDMI standard is a problematic one.

I even had one cable not working on one device (regardless of input on TV), but worked fine on another device. So I actually had to exchange the cables between 2 of my devices. Usually you will get issues when switching resolution, HDR/SDR/Dolby Vision etc; or anything connected to moving up against the max bandwiidth of the cable (18Gbps).

He says he needs a cable 15 metres long. I’m not aware of any certified cable anywhere near that length.

https://www.elkjop.no/product/tv-og-bilde/kabler-og-adaptere-til-tv-og-bilde/77673/startech-hdmi-over-cat6-forlengersett

This one will work (Norwegian shop). Over CAT6.

Edit:
For more than 10 meter products like this is the only option. Have not tried it, but it will for sure work better than stretching 15 meters with a 18Gbps HDMI cable. Which will NEVER work.

Is that lossless, or is the signal compressed? And does it fully support EDID and ARC? (Just curious).

As already discussed higher up the thread, hybrid fibre HDMI cables are also a possibility.

https://www.monoprice.com/product?p_id=21566

is probably the best alternative (or similar products can be found at Norwegian Soundgarden, but for a much higher price).

Regarding support on the Startech one. I have no clue; I don’t run 18 meter HDMI stretch - that is way beyond the HDMI 2.0 specification for cables and can not be done without fiber optic or alternatively over ethernet.

Edit:
I run short HDMI cables 1.5 and 2 meters. I have one 5 meter cable to the OLED.
Regarding the Startech one (Elkjøp), buy it and try - it can be returned for a refund within 50 days.

I ordered the Startech HDMI over cat6 box, and a 2.1 (2m cable, so hopefully it reaches the floor to the box) and getting a CAT6 10m cable. So this should be good :slight_smile: I will post pictures when I get it :slight_smile:

Thanks for all the help so far, to all of you :slight_smile:

Is this a native 4K projector?

[quote]
The DMD is 1920 x 1080 in resolution but by using this technique it can give you a faux 4K image onscreen and at a significantly lower cost than a native 4K chip. [/quote]

What is and how big is the difference for a 4K projecotr?

https://imgur.com/a/uzQyJEZ

Here are some pictures of the BenQ W2700(Projector) connected to Samsung Q96R (soundbar) via HDMI over CAT6 extender.
Thanks for the help :slight_smile:

1 Like