Music visualizations?

Hello,

New to the Vero and OSMC, but long time LibreELEC and OpenELEC user.

I just configured my new Vero 4K+ and all is working WRT 4K and HDR and resolution switching and Dolby Atmos, and I’m a happy camper.

I noticed there are not audio visualizations. I search and tried a few things to get some working from my other ODriod LibreELEC, but no dice. Will there be visualizations in a future update? Is there a repo I can download and install to get some visualizations?

Thanks.

0 Likes

Which visualisations would you like?

Sam

0 Likes

I’ll start with “any”. The Vero4K+ ships with none.

I like swirling colors. :slight_smile:

0 Likes

That’s a bit vague…

There should be Shadertoy visualisations available via the popcornmix repository for example.

0 Likes

OK, so I just download the popcorn mix repo from

?

0 Likes

The repo should already be included if I recall correctly. It just needs enabling.

0 Likes

ok, sorry to ask, but how does one enable the repo? I don’t see it in any list.

0 Likes

Well, I just installed repository.popcornmix.zip from GitHub and Shadertoy is working. I don’t particularly like it, so I will search for other visualizations.

I do not think repository.popcornmix.zip was included with the out of the box Vero 4K+.

0 Likes

I also used apt-get to get other visualizations, but none of the others worked. Spectrum was only that showed, but when used, nothing was displayed.

https://kodi.wiki/view/Ubuntu_binary_add-ons#Visualizations

0 Likes

OSMC isn’t based on Ubuntu – so that won’t work. Installing some of those add-ons may cause problems with your system.

Vero 4K is a GLES based platform; so you will be limited re. visualisations as most use OpenGL. I’m working on adding more – but trying to avoid a hacky approach.

I’ll look in to this further.

Sam

0 Likes

ProjectM seems to support GLES

0 Likes

Yes – but I don’t think the Kodi implementation does.

0 Likes

Seems that was just added as well

0 Likes

It seems to require GLES3 though unfortunately.

Sam

0 Likes

It seems the initial pull request was GLES3-only, but it was expanded to support GLES2 as well.

0 Likes

So it does! @gmc – can we get this in to nightlies as a test?

Sam

2 Likes

I checked GitHub and shadertoy, spectrum and waveform all reference GLES in their code. It appears vortex may not even require GL at all.

0 Likes

I’ve added it back into the build. Visualizations were excluded as they failed to build previously. Lets see how the latest build goes.

0 Likes

Did it build successfully? If so, I’ll try out one of the test builds to see how it works…

0 Likes

Unfortunately could never get any of the them to build.

0 Likes

[TESTING] Kodi v18 release builds