My image viewer is in low resolution

Would be nice to have something like 4K Picture Playback and having the normal gui still in 1080p but i can see that this is not a high priority item for the devs at the moment and i dont mind if this will never happen.

But i have to add that upscaling is not a solution for good photos :slight_smile: Friends of mine were in new zealand a year ago and THEY (and me too) were blown away when they showed the photos on my tv in native 4k (OLED). We used a laptop back then, it could only do 4k@30 and the windows UI was sluggish as hell but this was no problem for a simple slideshow.

There are patches above, but this is all untested.

Sam

Sorry, I meant a ā€œcompiled and ready to installā€ patch

Iā€™m interested in a way to show up photos in native 4kā€¦ but I think permanent scaling the Kodi UI to 4k is not the best wayā€¦ In my opinion, the kodi devs needs to find a way to do it similar (hw encoded way) to play 4k Videosā€¦

edit: possible starting Point for developmentā€¦?
https://forum.odroid.com/viewtopic.php?f=135&t=26642

Thatā€™s a thread about a JPEG encoder but Iā€™m not sure of the relevance to that.

hmmā€¦ after going through the thread a second timeā€¦ relevance is less than minimalā€¦ :expressionless: ā€¦my fault.

Iā€™m planning on using a Vero4k as a digital picture frame for photos and videos. But I was planning on using html/JavaScript slideshow with Chromium browser instead of Kodi/OSMC.

I assumed the photos would be rendered in 4K because Vero4k will be connected to 4K screen ā€¦ but now Iā€™m not so sure ā€¦

I wonder will it depend on the desktop resolution for the Chromium browserā€¦?

Iā€™ll send update when I set it up.

Thanks.

I think it will be OK. You should be able to tell easily. If you have issues let me know and I can tell you how to disable frame buffer scaling

Sam

1 Like

If this is the only way to display 4k pictures, is it possible to have the procedure?
Thank you

Iā€™m waiting on delivery of a 4K screen, so it will be another few weeks before I can try it out.

ok, I have a proof-of-concept working on a RPi with html/Javascript slideshow on Apache WebServer with KWeb kiosk browser. When I move it across to Vero 4K with 4K screen, Iā€™ll send an update. thanks.

Any news about those projects?
Iā€™m still waiting to be able to use the Vero4k to view my pictures in the highest resolutions of my TV.
Thanks

Hi ā€” nothing at this time unfortunately; but this may change with Kodi 19

Hi,

I thought I would let you know the ā€œsolutionā€ I found. It is more like a workaround, actually. Having high resolution pictures from my camera I was also quite disappointed when I found out that the Vero 4K+ is down-scaling pictures. The reasons are amply discussed above. Looking for a quick solution without having to wait for new Kodi version I looked for a software that can transform a collection of pictures into a slide show in the form of a 4K movie. There are several out there, but the one I chose allows me to choose a custom resolution, so that the pictures do not get cropped. I just tested it and it works beautifully on my 4K TV, next will be the data show, which should be even better. One request I would have though is to add a ā€œvideo - slide showā€ function in the options that will not show the blue bar when one pauses the video. This would allow me to pause on a specific picture and have the picture clean without any overlay.

1 Like

The OSMC skin offers the option to adjust the time the pause progress bar is shownā€¦ This should give you the behaviour youā€™re looking for.

So what is the name of the software you used?

Movavi Slideshow Maker

Which output format did you use so the Vero4k can actually read them
I tryed panasonic, lg, samsungā€¦
None of them works??

Custom resolution 3260x2160
M2TS (H.264) format

This works for me on a Hisense.

I tryed this one as well.
The Vero4K can read nearly anything but for some reasons, none of the 4k output format of Moavi Slideshow Maker are working.
got only the sound

any specific frame rate? I tryed 29.97 and 30fps