My reflections about the differences between Vero 4K and NUC Braswell running LibreELEC

Just seems easier to me to have everything connect via nfs or smb whether it’s fstab nfs or Kodi nfs or fstab samba and Kodi samba This way your not trying to mess with combining nfs and smb.

Well, I can see your point, but right now I think it can be a problem with setting the mysql library up with a local fstab nfs share, it Kodi specific says to use smb with IP, and not use mapped drives on the OS-level, as Kodi will see those as local drives (from the url I posted…).

EDIT: I think I can guess what’s happened. I think that my Kodi share, with set content, was deleted or lost it’s settings when I changed the path for that Kodi share.

Maybe that’s why I lost my Movies and TV Shows in Video in Kodi. And I would not be able to scan new movies to the library.

That I could see movies in a library now, was because there already was a library on the mySQL I guess…

/Söder

Something to be careful with when using a shared MySQL database:

Make sure when doing a scan for new content that the scan is always done from one system. That should be the system you initially added. If you scan from other systems using the same database you may have problems with media ‘disappearing’ after a scan. It can be caused because you didn’t actually add a source for that share on the other system, so it won’t scan.

I speak from experience here :smiley: as I’ve had this happen.

Well, even though I think it’s not the right way to do it, I now cleaned my library in Kodi, and also removed the database in mysql. I’m right now rescanning the library, with my local fstab nfs shares as the path.

I guess I then have to do the path substitute for the other units I’m gonna use, and then change /mnt/media/ to nfs://192.168.0.103/mnt/user/media/ and hope all other units works with NFS.

Maybe I should have made the scan on the nfs:// instead, but will stay with the local path for now…

Thanks all for the help…

/Söder

As you are doing the initial scan from the 4K, you will always need to do it from the 4K, or you will have the same issues again.

Yeah, I kind of understand that. Unless, all the other units will have the same content at the exact same path?

I’ve tried the path substitute on both android and Mac now, and it works. The thing that made me think that it would work, is that I on the Mac can’t browse for a NFS share for some reason, but it worked well to play an video after the path sub.

/Söder

This is what I talk about the limit colors. No RGB limited option? (in Kodi settings) - #24 by drjodo

I guess that since my TV is a normal LG 4K UHD TV it doesn’t use full range? And too huge range is displayed as total black?

When I was using the NUC, on the same TV, with LibreELEC, I had the option to limited range, and the pictures was a little bit “lighter”, and I see different kinds of “black”.

Now, that options isn’t there, and now when I watch a movie, I sometimes think that there’s too much of only one kind of total black on the screen.

Are you all sure that option shouldn’t be there?

/Söder

100% sure.
The patch for LibreELEC is for i915 systems only; i.e. Intel NUCs that do not use a discrete GPU. It is a platform specific patch and not part of Kodi.

OK, but, can you help me to understand why I don’t need it now then, when I find the black “too black”, and when I used LE on the NUC, and asked about that option, they told me about the “too black” stuff, and told me to use limited colors.

What about this? How to set HDMI to limited mode in Kodi in Vero 4K

/Söder

Picture will have subtlte differences on different platforms.
You can follow the instructions in that thread if you’d like to force RGB output.

Sam

And is the RGB output the same thing as Limited range as I used in LE then?

And…is that the right thing to do? Or is really black the way to go?

/Söder

If it looks OK then it should be. There are some brightness settings as well if you’d like to adjust things