My Vero 4k+ crashes when I seek some movies

I have not touched my Vero 4k+ for a couple months due to a busy months with gaming.
I have recently pick up watching movie again. I got a sad face when I tried play 4K movies, and it was working before with an old build sometime Last Year.

Right now I am on build 2019.05-1

I tried to downgrade via PuTTY, but got message something like “build not found”
Tried to entered other number but no luck.
Hopefully someone can help me out.
Still have to figure it out how to make a log?
Thanks in advance

Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
E: Version '18.2' for 'vero-mediacenter-osmc' was not found
osmc@osmc:~$ sudo apt-get install vero-mediacenter-osmc=18.2.0-6
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
E: Version '18.2.0-6' for 'vero-mediacenter-osmc' was not found
osmc@osmc:~$ sudo apt-get install vero-mediacenter-osmc=18.2.0-6
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
E: Version '18.2.0-6' for 'vero-mediacenter-osmc' was not found
1 Like

Can you post some full logs via My OSMC -> Logs after a crash?

Cheers

Sam

Hi Sam,
I chose Copy Selected Logs to SD Card Now.

Check SD>>nothing.

I have tried also Upload Selected Logs Now>>but how does my Vero 4K+ know where to send the file.
I am new on this, please help me out .

Thanks

ULR://https://paste.osmc.tv/izapihoxaw

log uploaded

I would like to downgrade or update so that my Vero 4k+ doesn’t crash during playing 4k movies.
Hope that you Sam or someone can help me out how to do it.
Cheers,

Tan

Let’s see if we can resolve this first.

Sam

The first thing that I would suggest is to get rid of the piracy addons that you installed.

You are also getting a load of errors from Trakt, you should remove it or fix the problems.

Make sure that you have ‘Adjust Refresh Rate’ set to ‘On Start / Stop’

@swordsman: Does it happen with all files or just some?
From what I can see, when you play Aquaman there is an issue with the audio stream. Have you definitely played this file (with success) on an older version of OSMC?

Yesterday I tried 6 a 7 1080p movies, and during playing I make a jump to the time stamp.
No Crash or what ever, on the hand on 4K movies (tried on lots of movies) it crashed every time when I make a jump.
Sam how can I get rid of piracy addons quick and dirty?

Cheers,

I have just completed downloaded Aquaman recently. So no I have not tried it on old build.

All 4k movies crashed.

sudo systemctl stop mediacenter
mv ~/.kodi ~/kodi.bak
sudo systemctl start mediacenter

Yes Adjust Refresh Rate was already set to On Start / Stop
Thanks I will try to get off all piracy addons

When you try again, try with a file that you know worked before the upgrade.

In my past I have watched lots of 4K movies, but I have not make a jump back and fort because I didn’t know that the problem is there or not.
Just tried out 7 a 8 movies (4K) which I have watched in the past, two of them are crash free.

Can you produce a 5 minute sample using MKVToolnixGUI and see if you can reproduce it? If you can, it will be good to get the file.

Sam

Can I download it on my vero or I have to download it to my laptop?

You run it on your laptop to produce a smaller file to reproduce the problem. Then we can get the small file to fix things here

I have created a movie =190 MB. Can I share via email or?

I can send you an upload link. Can you first confirm that it still causes crashes?

Yes the movies contains crashes. All piracy addons have been removed before I tried.