Need help fixing ATV1 with Sad Face

which osmc version you are currently running?
please explain what is your exact problem right now?
do you have a problem to setup kodi?
you call yourself a noob - so for what do you need ssh access?

Hi Cybero, Thanks for reply.
Running OSMC/Kodi on hdd of ATV1. After power outage it ran updates, and sad face. Re-installed OSMC as usual, but it installed fine but it will not let me connect to REPOs, I questioned if it a SSH problem? Have tried re-install etc, but same problem. I’m lost for ideas here. Appreciatge any help. Thanks Cybero/All

OK Dave
let’s try to sort things out…
If I understand correctly you have successfully installed OSMC on your ATV and now you have a problem to install Kodi plugins from official repos. Reason could be network misconfiguration resulting in ATV is not able to reach the offical repository (mirrors.kodi.tv).
How is your ATV connected to your home network /+internet? Wifi or cable connection?
Do you use DHCP (automatic configuration) in your home network? Are you able to ping ATV from another computer?
Have you checked cables? (if you use wired network from your ATV to your router)
Are you able to reach http://mirrors.kodi.tv from another computer?
If yes check if ATV is also able to reach this address:
Try to connect to your ATV using ssh (use putty: Download PuTTY: latest release (0.78)) and ping mirrors.kodi.tv. If you don’t get a reply there is something wrong with your network configuration!
post results and I will try to help you solving the problem…

1 Like

Thanks Cybero, much appreciated.
ATV1 for past few months OSMC/Kodi on HDD. apple gone. But sad face after power issue. I couldn’t find a way back into it, so re-installed as previously. Installs well until connect to repos. Then could not connect to server. Have checked all connections. Nothing changed on router, all cables OK. Have swapped ethernet cables around.
How do I ‘ping’? Sorry, not too much of an IT pers.
Network status says connected. Port: 8080.
Allow remote control via HTTP (left unchecked?)
username/password (never been set previously)
Web interface:- Kodi - Chorus2
Could I download repo zip files onto make then upload to ATV unit via USB? WOuld this be worth a try?
Appreciate all your help guys. Cheers Dave NZ

Yes

Cheers ActionA.
Loaded Exodus onto zip, but it just opens all the folders.
Have you tried this way?
Using AMBER skin, there are repos there, I can select and load these, but will not let me go through “File Manager” > Add Source, etc.

Climbing walls here, as this was working beyond great!! and frustrating as I’m obviously not techhy enough to know where to turn?
Thanks for all help guys

Hi there,

Unfortunately we’ve had to remove your thread from public viewing because it mentions a pirate addon, repository or website. We cannot provide any support for piracy. You should seek support from the developer of the addon or provider of the repo.

To get a better idea of our piracy policy, please see this link here FAQ - OSMC Forums You are welcome to edit your post and request for it to be re-listed at anytime.

Thank you for your understanding