Netflix failed to play

I installed latest osmc from scratch and first addon Installed was netflix .14 without any problems. Played perfectly until I installed a number of other addons. I rebooted and attempted Netflix again. Unfortunately when I tried to play a video it failed. Could there be a conflict with the other addons?

Impossible to answer, since you don’t give us any clue as to what addons you installed. Try disabling them one at a time until Netflix starts working again.

I disabled all the video addons except netflix, rebooted and still was unable to play any videos. Then I uninstalled them and still couldn’t play videos.

It hard to guess at this point, the next thing would be to start with a clean Kodi setup. You can do that by doing this from the command line:

sudo systemctl stop mediacenter
mv .kodi .kodi.save
sudo systemctl start mediacenter

and reinstall Netflix.

I had made a backup image of osmc with netflix working and no other addons present. I restored it to my sd card and found netflix working fine. Then I added 3 repos, and before installing any addons from the repos I checked to see if netflix was still working. It was NOT. So then I did as you suggested and started with a clean Kodi setup. I then added the 3 repos and installed the addons. Then I installed netflix. I downloaded widevine as instructed . I rebooted the raspberry pi and tried playing a video on netflix. Again it did not work. It seems that netflix is very tempermental with something else is added to kodi. So I started again with a clean install of kodi, and only installed netflix, downloaded widevine, rebooted and EUREKA ! It worked. Now I am afraid to add anything to kodi.

Hi there,

Unfortunately we’ve had to remove your thread from public viewing because it mentions a pirate addon, repository or website. We cannot provide any support for piracy. You should seek support from the developer of the addon or provider of the repo.

To get a better idea of our piracy policy, please see this link here FAQ - OSMC Forums You are welcome to edit your post and request for it to be re-listed at anytime. Do not simply duplicate the post.

Thank you for your understanding

I had made a backup image of osmc with netflix working and no other addons present. I restored it to my sd card and found netflix working fine. Then I added 3 repos, and before installing any addons from the repos I checked to see if netflix was still working. It was NOT. So then I did as you suggested and started with a clean Kodi setup. I then added the 3 repos and installed the addons. Then I installed netflix. I downloaded widevine as instructed . I rebooted the raspberry pi and tried playing a video on netflix. Again it did not work. It seems that netflix is very tempermental with something else is added to kodi. So I started again with a clean install of kodi, and only installed netflix, downloaded widevine, rebooted and EUREKA ! It worked. Now I am afraid to add anything to kodi.

Can you reproduce this problem without the pirate addons? If you can, please tell us what addons are causing the problem. I will also un-hide the post if you can prove that his happens with non pirate addons.

Through experimentation, it appears that as long as you do not use any illegal addons, Netflix works. As soon as you use load a repository that is on the kodi blacklist,even without installing the addon, Netflix will not play a video. Hope this might help those frustrated users who can install Netflix, Widevine, and choose videos from the menus but can’t get the video to play.

Thanks for sharing that, hopefully this will help other people.