New Vero 4k+ not booting

I’m happy to take a phone call if you need some assistance here. A reinstall should get you up and running promptly.

Sam

Is there any value to attempting to take a disk image of the device before I reflash it with the latest release?

Probably not. Only a few number of units seem to experience this issue. I thought I’d resolved it earlier but as it still persist I’ll add some further tests and make sure this does indeed get solved for good.

Just write an image from Download - OSMC to a USB stick or SD card and insert it in to the device and power on. More details here: Reinstalling OSMC - Vero 4K - OSMC.

I’m confident that once you are up and running you will enjoy the device

Sam

I add my voice to the chorus — after reinstallation, which was very quick, the device indeed works just fine.

I am particularly pleased at how fast it loads large directories from an NFS server; easily an order of magnitude better IO than the RasPi 3B+, if anyone is in a similar boat. Likewise, copying my ~/.kodi settings over from my previous RasPi installation was painless and worked perfectly the first time.

1 Like

I am glad to hear this. I can understand the annoyance of buying something and it not working out of the box.

I am narrowing down this issue

Sam

Just reporting the same issue with my Vero 4K+ that I just received today. Hangs with those Linux systemctl error messages.

Will reimage later today and report back

Thanks
Kobe

Re-Imaging did the trick … am about to configure my NAS SMB share.

Created a new thread about a seemingly same issue. So it seems that this issue still persists. For the record, the thread is at New Vero4k+ stops at boot messages