New Vero 4K not seeing network devices

I haven’t posted any passive aggressive comments. I have sent you a returns label and encourage you to return the item while it is within the return period if you are continuing to have problems. I think a couple of issues we are having here is that you need to follow the instructions and also need to provide as much information as possible for the outright.

For example, if your intention is only to use Servio to serve files, you can probably just add it as a DLNA source which does support browsing. More on that later.

Unfortunately I can’t tell – because your logs don’t show any attempts to play any content.

What you are referring to is Library Mode. All files can be accessed and played under the Files section. Some people prefer to have a TV Shows and Films library, which relies on metadata from external sources. This needs to be configured if you wish to use it. See https://kodi.wiki/view/Video_library. I would focus on getting your files showing up first.

There is a manual in the box, as well as the OSMC and Kodi wikis. We like to keep the paperwork light as the documentation is easier to update and maintain online.

We don’t. Kodi isn’t an operating system. The difference between OSMC and Kodi is explained clearly here: Frequently Asked Questions - General - OSMC. You are already running Kodi, which is why we are referring you to this documentation.

The device can be turned off and woken by going to Power → Suspend and then later it can be woken up by pressing any button on your remote. As advised via email, it sounds like your TV is shutting down the device when it is turned off. This should be configurable under Settings → Input → Peripherals → CEC adapter. There may also be an option in your TV settings to adjust this behaviour.

I think you’ve found that now. You can either go to Contact - OSMC or click the My Account button and click the Support tab to open a new ticket.

If you’d prefer the Kodi look and feel, then you can get this. Go to Settings → Appearance → Skin and change it to ‘Estuary’'. This is the skin that you are seeing in the Kodi screenshots on their Wiki.

However – I don’t feel that this will solve your problem if you want to connect to SMB shares. Browsing for these types of shares is no longer possible by default, because Microsoft removed support for SMBv1 due to security vulnerabilities discovered in this protocol. SMBv1 vulnerabilities were responsible for the WannaCry attack on the NHS in the summer of 2017. It can be manually re-enabled, but we do not recommend this. There are more details on that here: File sharing with a NAS, media server, windows share or other device.

It sounds like you only want to access from files from Servio, which from a quick glance is a DLNA server. This type of service is discoverable (i.e. point and click to find) in Kodi. Try following the instructions here: https://kodi.wiki/view/UPnP/Media_source to see if you can find the Servio server.

This really isn’t a bug. I don’t know how we can make that clearer. We have a very large user base and occasionally a user stumbles across this. The problem is that their TV is configured in a way that is not displaying a 1:1 pixel mapping. Therefore any boxes in the corner will be chopped off; as would any details in the picture when watching TV. For the best results, you should set it to ‘1:1’ or ‘Just Scan’. The exact nomenclature depends on the make and model of the TV.

I’ve checked the logs, but unfortunately, the logs are not debug logs. Can you please follow the instructions put here

Logs are not very persistent – so the idea is to reboot, enable debug logging as mentioned above, reproduce your problem, i.e. 4k video won’t play, then upload logs via My OSMC. I’ve seen in your settings that Adjust Refresh Rate is disabled. You should enable this under Settings → Playback. Note: you may need to set settings level to Expert in the lower left corner.

Do you have a link to these files?
How is the drive formatted?

I don’t think you’ll need to do a reset as you haven’t made extensive changes, but you can completely reinstall OSMC by following this: Reinstalling OSMC - Vero 4K - OSMC. This can be considered a deep clean.

I’ve covered this earlier.

It sounds like you’ve inserted an NTFS formatted drive. This is a directory created by the filesystem by default.

A log after the blue screen would be useful. Keep in mind that we do not recommend NTFS formatted drives for high bitrate playback. ext4 should serve you better.

Unless you’re debugging a problem such as no Internet connection, it’s easier to upload logs online directly as you did earlier.

Sam