Newb questions.. :(

We need to see some logs. From the command line, please run grab-logs -A and tell us the URL it returns.

After rebooting, run:

mount

and share the output.

There is a small problem with the line in fstab (it won’t prevent the mount from working, but should be fixed)

//192.168.1.61/Shows /mnt/Shows cifs x-systemd.automount,noauto,iocharset=utf8,user,username=media,password=1,uid=osmc,gid=osmc,iocharset=utf8,file_mode=0770,dir_mode=0770 0 0

should be:

//192.168.1.61/Shows /mnt/Shows cifs x-systemd.automount,noauto,iocharset=utf8,user,username=media,password=1,uid=osmc,gid=osmc,file_mode=0770,dir_mode=0770 0 0

iocharset=utf8 is in the original line twice. You’ll want to correct all the lines you added.

here is the output from Mount command:
devtmpfs on /dev type devtmpfs (rw,relatime,size=804232k,nr_inodes=201058,mode=755)
proc on /proc type proc (rw,relatime)
sysfs on /sys type sysfs (rw,relatime)
tmpfs on /run type tmpfs (rw,relatime)
/dev/mapper/vero–nand-root on / type ext4 (rw,relatime,stripe=1024,data=ordered)
securityfs on /sys/kernel/security type securityfs (rw,nosuid,nodev,noexec,relatime)
tmpfs on /dev/shm type tmpfs (rw,nosuid,nodev)
devpts on /dev/pts type devpts (rw,nosuid,noexec,relatime,gid=5,mode=620,ptmxmode=000)
tmpfs on /run/lock type tmpfs (rw,nosuid,nodev,noexec,relatime,size=5120k)
tmpfs on /sys/fs/cgroup type tmpfs (ro,nosuid,nodev,noexec,mode=755)
cgroup on /sys/fs/cgroup/systemd type cgroup (rw,nosuid,nodev,noexec,relatime,xattr,release_agent=/lib/systemd/systemd-cgroups-agent,name=systemd)
cgroup on /sys/fs/cgroup/cpuset type cgroup (rw,nosuid,nodev,noexec,relatime,cpuset)
cgroup on /sys/fs/cgroup/cpu,cpuacct type cgroup (rw,nosuid,nodev,noexec,relatime,cpu,cpuacct)
cgroup on /sys/fs/cgroup/memory type cgroup (rw,nosuid,nodev,noexec,relatime,memory)
cgroup on /sys/fs/cgroup/devices type cgroup (rw,nosuid,nodev,noexec,relatime,devices)
cgroup on /sys/fs/cgroup/freezer type cgroup (rw,nosuid,nodev,noexec,relatime,freezer)
cgroup on /sys/fs/cgroup/blkio type cgroup (rw,nosuid,nodev,noexec,relatime,blkio)
cgroup on /sys/fs/cgroup/bfqio type cgroup (rw,nosuid,nodev,noexec,relatime,bfqio)
systemd-1 on /mnt/Shows type autofs (rw,relatime,fd=22,pgrp=1,timeout=300,minproto=5,maxproto=5,direct)
systemd-1 on /mnt/Media type autofs (rw,relatime,fd=23,pgrp=1,timeout=300,minproto=5,maxproto=5,direct)
systemd-1 on /mnt/Movies type autofs (rw,relatime,fd=24,pgrp=1,timeout=300,minproto=5,maxproto=5,direct)
systemd-1 on /proc/sys/fs/binfmt_misc type autofs (rw,relatime,fd=26,pgrp=1,timeout=300,minproto=5,maxproto=5,direct)
debugfs on /sys/kernel/debug type debugfs (rw,relatime)
mqueue on /dev/mqueue type mqueue (rw,relatime)
fusectl on /sys/fs/fuse/connections type fusectl (rw,relatime)
configfs on /sys/kernel/config type configfs (rw,relatime)
tmpfs on /run/user/1000 type tmpfs (rw,nosuid,nodev,relatime,size=183272k,mode=700,uid=1000,gid=1000)
//192.168.1.61/Shows on /mnt/Shows type cifs (rw,nosuid,nodev,noexec,relatime,vers=1.0,cache=strict,username=media,domain=MEDIA,uid=1000,forceuid,gid=1000,forcegid,addr=192.168.1.61,file_mode=0770,dir_mode=0770,nounix,serverino,rsize=61440,wsize=65536,actimeo=1)
//192.168.1.61/Media on /mnt/Media type cifs (rw,nosuid,nodev,noexec,relatime,vers=1.0,cache=strict,username=media,domain=MEDIA,uid=1000,forceuid,gid=1000,forcegid,addr=192.168.1.61,file_mode=0770,dir_mode=0770,nounix,serverino,rsize=61440,wsize=65536,actimeo=1)

Here is the link to logs:
https://paste.osmc.tv/ajogefohaq

From your mount, looks like everything it working. Can you

cd /mnt/Shows

if that doesn’t work:

ls -al /mnt

It looks like /mnt/Movies didn’t automount. It might just be a case of running

ls -l /mnt/Movies

noauto means lazy-load, i.e. only mounted on access. We do this for /boot on RBP
as it speeds up boot.

sorry about the delayed reply; I am a photographer by trade, and had a few bookings. :slight_smile:

YAY : was able to run mount commands ls -l /mnt/movies works, and command line shows all the content.
Not so YAY: I still cannot see these files in the Vero GUI. not sure where to go from here. If I try to add those folders via gui, I still get the same error.

Also: Should the yahoo weather addon display anything?
Alsox2: When Vero is booted up, I get an error message Addon caused an error, but it doesn’t specify which addon it is.

Kodi runs as OSMC user so make sure OSMC can access the files and not just root

When you add the sources on Vero you do not select Windows Network (SMB), instead select Root filesystem, scroll down to /mtn, select that and you should see your files.

I think that the Yahoo Weather addon is broken right now. Try the OpenWeatherMap one instead.

As to the addon error, look in kodi.log (located in your home under .kodi/temp/kodi.log) or share your logs.

1 Like

Currently, folders are shared with permissions for “Everyone”; should I still describe the OSMC user?

when adding sources on Vero, I do not even get an option for Windows Network; I am just being told to type in the IP address… unless i’m missing an option.

I am glad to hear that Yahoo weather is borked. I installed it to make sure that Vero could see the outside world more so than get the weather detail. that makes me feel better.

thank you gents!

You select Root filesystem and scroll down to /mnt.

The mount line in fstab sets the owner/group to osmc/osmc.

Gentlemen, thank you very much for your assistance.
Amongst other things, I realized that I was selecting the wrong option under add, and now I can see the folders, and they are playable.
I think I’ll have more questions about managing the database and folders, but I will create a different topic for that when I can do the excessive testing.

The only thing wife asked to ask you at this point is if there is a way to show the titles in a grid view rather than the album art in one line.

P.S.
Should you, guys, find yourselves in the state of IL and would like a portrait or two, please, do look me up. it is on the house. :slight_smile:

Great news that it’s now working for you!

If the Wife doesn’t like how music is displayed, there are many ways to handle that. You could try different skins (My personal favorite is Transparency!). But with the current skin (I’m guessing you are using the default OSMC skin) you can use the left arrow when viewing music. It should pop up a menu allowing you to change the view.

P.S.
If you are ever in Virginia, you owe me a beer :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

challenge accepted.
I might be moving to VA in next year or so for a job, so that’s good possibility! :slight_smile:

hey gents.
so, microsoft decided to release an update and I lost access to the folders again.
When looking at the config, I see folders listed as discussed above.
SMB2 was replaced with SMB1… however, now I can’t even get back to the screen and get the Permission denied message.

When I try to navigate to the path, I get either operation not permitted or no route to host error messages.

Roku can play some of the files, the drives are shared and visible across the network.

what can I try?

First bring us up to speed what is your current solution.

1. Provide logs via grab-logs -A
  2. From where to where are you trying to access files

same set up as above.
Win 10 machine, static IP address with 3 shared folders, serving media wirelessly.
I was hoping to not make anyone read through the logs, thinking that there may be a off top of the head solution. not with my luck, it seems :frowning:

Logs:
https://paste.osmc.tv/ezimasunes

Well not sure how you can fix something without logs.
Well considering that it is a version issue you could try to add vers=3.0 in your fstab lines.
Alternatively to figure out more your Win10 Servers you could try nmap sudo apt-get install nmap and then nmap -sV -p 139 <SERVER IP>

1 Like