Newb questions.. :(

I hear ya. Wasn’t trying to be a smart ass; just thought maybe there’s a known issue. Will try it and report back today. Thank you sir.

doesn’t seem to have worked.

also, when I try to ~/.smb/smb.conf, I get a message
-bash: /home/osmc/.smb/smb.conf: Permission denied

What are you trying to do? ~/.smb/smb.conf is not a valid command.

1 Like

oops. sorry. nano ~/.smb/smb.conf

What didn’t work? What does your fstab look like now?

to confirm, you are referring to sudo nano /etc/fstab path, correct?

all i see there is:

//192.168.1.61/Shows /mnt/Shows cifs x-systemd.automount,noauto,iocharset=utf8,user,username=media,password=1,uid=osmc,gid=osmc,file_mode=0770,dir_mode=0770 0 0
# rootfs is not mounted in fstab as we do it via initramfs. Uncomment for remount (slower boot)#/dev/vero-nand/root  /    ext4      defaults,noatime    0   0
//192.168.1.61/Media /mnt/Media cifs x-systemd.automount,noauto,iocharset=utf8,user,username=media,password=1,uid=osmc,gid=osmc,file_mode=0770,dir_mode=0770 0 0
//192.168.1.61/Movies /mnt/Movies cifs x-systemd.automount,noauto,iocharset=utf8,user,username=media,password=1,uid=osmc,gid=osmc,file_mode=0770,dir_mode=0770 0 0

I was referring to the nmap install.

MOD EDIT: Please use the code tags </> in the forum editor when writing your posts so that posted code is actually readable in the correct format.

Ok, there is nothing in what you were told that would have had you do a nano!? Where did that come from?

But what you should try is to edit your fstab (you’ve done it before) and try adding vers=3.0, so the changed lines would look like this:

//192.168.1.61/Shows /mnt/Shows cifs vers=3.0,x-systemd.automount,noauto,iocharset=utf8,user,username=media,password=1,uid=osmc,gid=osmc,file_mode=0770,dir_mode=0770 0 0
# rootfs is not mounted in fstab as we do it via initramfs. Uncomment for remount (slower boot)#/dev/vero-nand/root  /    ext4      defaults,noatime    0   0
//192.168.1.61/Media /mnt/Media cifs vers=3.0,x-systemd.automount,noauto,iocharset=utf8,user,username=media,password=1,uid=osmc,gid=osmc,file_mode=0770,dir_mode=0770 0 0
//192.168.1.61/Movies /mnt/Movies cifs vers=3.0,x-systemd.automount,noauto,iocharset=utf8,user,username=media,password=1,uid=osmc,gid=osmc,file_mode=0770,dir_mode=0770 0 0

i’m assuming you’re the mod who edited my post. thank you. will do it properly going forward.

I found the other command here: [Solved] Add Network Location problem Vero 4K - #3 by fzinken and it appears to have resolved the issue.

Trying the Ver3 addition. thank you sir.

It was me :wink: Thanks!

Well, thank YOU, too:)

Tried adding ver3. Didn’t work. Folders are still not accessible. :frowning:

So go back through this thread, and try some of the command line things you learned. Like can you access the files via command line? What happens if you try to mount from the command line?

The mounted folders are still visible in the GUI, I wasn’t sure if it’s safe for me to run the same commands. I will now, though. Thank you

well. this is embarrassing…
going through the commands, I realized that windows decided to assign a different static IP address.
Once I reset the network adapter preference to the correct IP, magic happened.

thank you all for your patience once again.