No MySQL data being written or read?

Ha, I was just reading about that actually. Either of them will stuff up my current “who’s watched what” MySQL DB, hence the slow transition.

Should I start a new thread for the stuttering video example btw? I have the media info and have tried it locally from a USB stick, via NFS and SMB same same. I just want someone to tell me it’s a bad encode - seems to always be the same ones over and over.

Not really, for the time of migration you can just use path substitution

If you would like to use a MySQL database for several Kodi clients that use different methods to access the shared media (e.g. a mix of SMB, NFS and/or system mount based access), or have need of modifying a path of an existing source (such as converting from a Kodi path to a system mount) you can use the path substitution function of Kodi to facilitate this. The following guide will provide instruction on how this works, including a section specific to MySQL usage and how your sources should be configured.

Please see [HowTo] Repairing File Paths with Path Substitution for details.

1 Like

Yes suggest that

Well that is hard to judge. So you would need to provide a sample for that to be judged.

Absolutely bang on the money. Thank you for making me aware of this.

I am more of a “if it works, levae it” kind of person with OSMC as I have a lot of other things going on.

As a long time user since the RPi early days, I decided to invest in the Vero 4K+ when I built my media room and I’m still glad I did as this forum is very helpful.

Assuming there’s no way to force older v18 clients to use the newer v19 DB as that would be a fix all solution for my particular circumstance, and I dare say a few other people too.

Not without programming and recompiling.

Okey dokey.

Thanks again.

@wuffles If you want to run both v18 and v19 you can’t use single MySQL db.

You can revert to using default local sqlite on each device and use below to keep watched status in sync

https://github.com/watchedsyncforkodi/service.watchedsync

1 Like

Cheers. I’ll maybe look into doing that once v19 is working better for me on my Vero.