No MySQL data being written or read?

Lucky there’s a 60 sec delay on flashing :slight_smile:

osmc@MediaRoom:~$ sudo systemctl status connman-wait-for-network.service
● connman-wait-for-network.service - Wait for Network to be Configured
   Loaded: loaded (/lib/systemd/system/connman-wait-for-network.service; enabled; vendor preset: enabled)
   Active: inactive (dead) since Fri 2021-09-10 09:13:57 BST; 1min 51s ago
  Process: 362 ExecStart=/bin/bash -c if grep -q nfsroot /proc/cmdline; then exit 0; fi; count=60; while [ $count -gt 0 ]; do if connmanctl state | grep -iq 'ready\|online'; then break; fi; 
 Main PID: 362 (code=exited, status=0/SUCCESS)

Sep 10 09:13:56 MediaRoom systemd[1]: Starting Wait for Network to be Configured...
Sep 10 09:13:57 MediaRoom systemd[1]: connman-wait-for-network.service: Succeeded.
Sep 10 09:13:57 MediaRoom systemd[1]: Started Wait for Network to be Configured.

Also, is the subtitle setting local or MySQL based? Keep seeing it mentioned in the logs as a SQL query. In which case that would make perfect sense (for the subtitle issue at least).

As it is configured per Video it would be in the MySQL DB.

Looks all good, this is confusing

I was ignoring the subtitle issue. One thing at a time you know… But I believe it is in the database, so not having MySQL working would explain it.

Can you reboot twice and upload logs, maybe we see a timing issue.

Yes. I’ve just tested it. If I get the DB working, subtitles are fine too. So it’s linked.

On it now.

It was the same.

SO…

I changed the network cable. Even though I was clearly getting network connectivity, it must have been erroring behind the scenes, enough to throw off the “wait for network” at least. That’s the thing with Noughts and Ones, sometimes you get non integers.

Now I can get to work, we can put this behind us, and you can update your FAQ if you like :grimacing:

I’ll monitor the stuttering video, but my immediate problem has “gone away” now.

Thanks for everyone’s help.

If you had a flaky network cable, I’m guess that your video problems are related to that :wink:

You’d think so, but initial test seemed to be the same. I’ve wasted enough time on this so far today, I’ll have a look later on :slight_smile:

Had already a strange feeling with the drops

RX packets 848  bytes 257987 (251.9 KiB)
        RX errors 0  dropped 42  overruns 0  frame 0

Ahhh, where was that? In the logs? I’ve 30 years in infrastructure, if I’d seen that I’d have changed the cable immediately and not wasted everyone’s time. Think I’d convinced myself it was a problem with the image.

Yes it’s in the ifconfig section. In the first log it didn’t looked that bad as you already had transfered more.

====================== ifconfig =================== pi3lDrO1
eth0: flags=-28605<UP,BROADCAST,RUNNING,MULTICAST,DYNAMIC>  mtu 1500
        inet 192.168.0.158  netmask 255.255.255.0  broadcast 192.168.0.255
        ether 90:0e:b3:21:c2:71  txqueuelen 1000  (Ethernet)
        RX packets 64650  bytes 91572077 (87.3 MiB)
        RX errors 0  dropped 16  overruns 0  frame 0
        TX packets 20125  bytes 1959896 (1.8 MiB)
        TX errors 0  dropped 0 overruns 0  carrier 0  collisions 0
        device interrupt 40  

lo: flags=73<UP,LOOPBACK,RUNNING>  mtu 4096
        inet 127.0.0.1  netmask 255.0.0.0
        inet6 ::1  prefixlen 128  scopeid 0x10<host>
        loop  txqueuelen 0  (Local Loopback)
        RX packets 0  bytes 0 (0.0 B)
        RX errors 0  dropped 0  overruns 0  frame 0
        TX packets 0  bytes 0 (0.0 B)
        TX errors 0  dropped 0 overruns 0  carrier 0  collisions 0

---------------------- ifconfig END --------------- pi3lDrO1

Agreed, it certainly didn’t look like a networking issue, what with it working and all that.

Anyway, there we are.

Assuming for stuttering video we need a mediainfo of one of the files and more logs?

Yes, and for that case always suggested to try play from USB Stick first.

Righto, I’ll sort that out for later on.

Given that I’ve been using the same sources.xml for the past 8+ years too, should I now be on NFS rather than SMB? Probably a stupid question. Think it wasn’t working very well in the olden days.

Well the bigger the movies get the more value from NFS

1 Like

Seems not to be contributing any major problem for me currently.

Perhaps I’ll phase it in at home, slowly, to avoid any moaning.

Actually moving to Kernel Mounts would be the more performant approach

1 Like