No network/SMB

Here’s the issue, you seem to admit that you have had the problem with the Pi3. That’s what that post is all about. We don’t need you to reproduce it on the Pi3, but just admit that you did have that problem so we can try and help fix the problem with your Freebox NAS (or have you move the files to a more capable server)

Just curious here, but can you mount the problem files on your Mac and play them???

I am unsure of what the actual problem is now after 200 posts.
I hope we can solve it, but I don’t know what the issue is now.

Hi Sam
Sure if I can I will help. Always for me use the HD inside my ISP Box like NAS it’s a absolute no go.

But now looking forwards
For me the best way was to start from scratch, not only Kodi, but the whole OSMC. if it’s not wanted, , close this thread , and open one or more new threads with fresh logs.
For the moment I don’t understand what works and what don’t work.
Also with some more information like the Freebox model , the used named convention for directory and files. and what is in the home network.
A+
Michael

Hi,

Here is the log, as requested it concern one file :
https://paste.osmc.tv/azevuzizix

Please tell me if you need more :slight_smile:

Hi
You use Kodi or Fstab ???

11:18:28.293 T:3627807728 WARNING: Process directory ‘/mnt/FREEBOX_Musique/Musique/Alicia Keys/The Element Of Freedom (Deluxe)/’ does not exist - skipping scan.
11:18:28.301 T:3646383088 WARNING: Process directory ‘/mnt/FREEBOX_Series/Series/13 reasons why/’ does not exist - skipping scan.
11:18:28.327 T:3511677936 ERROR: GetDirectory - Error getting /mnt/FREEBOX_Musique/Musique/Alicia Keys/Unplugged/
11:18:28.328 T:4109250560 INFO: Found input device /dev/input/event7
11:18:28.328 T:4109250560 INFO: opened device ‘eventlircd’ (file name /dev/input/event7), m_bSkipNonKeyEvents 0
11:18:28.328 T:3627807728 WARNING: Process directory ‘/mnt/FREEBOX_Musique/Musique/Alicia Keys/Unplugged/’ does not exist - skipping scan.
11:18:28.341 T:3488609264 DEBUG: Thread CLinuxInputDevicesCheckHotplugged start, auto delete: false
11:18:28.567 T:3627807728 DEBUG: DoScan Skipping dir ‘/mnt/FREEBOX_Musique/Musique/Amandine Bourgeois/’ due to no change
11:18:28.634 T:3627807728 DEBUG: DoScan Skipping dir ‘/mnt/FREEBOX_Musique/Musique/Amandine Bourgeois/Au masculin/’ due to no change
11:18:28.705 T:3646383088 DEBUG: VideoInfoScanner: Skipping dir ‘/mnt/FREEBOX_Series/Series/Africa (2013)/’ due to no change
11:18:28.754 T

For me something is wrong in your database.
For “musique” sometime the scan found, sometime skip why not found.

You have reset your DB after playing with Kodi mounts and Fstab mounts ??

Hi,

Initially i tried to use Kodi / SMB but it didn’t work so people helped me adding files to FSTAB. So when i added shares in kodi it was with FSTAB mount.

I noticed that, when i reboot, i have mount errors & OK at the same time, but the command lines appear so quickly i’m not sure.

Yes you have mount errors, but other peoples in this thread, has a better skin as myself.
What I’m wondering is to found or not some files.
Have try “Nettoyer la mediatheque” the last time. ??

It looks like Kodi is trying to scan the directories before the mounts have completed:

Aug 18 11:18:28 osmc systemd[1]: Mounted /mnt/FREEBOX_Musique.
Aug 18 11:18:28 osmc systemd[1]: Mounted /mnt/FREEBOX_Series.
Aug 18 11:18:50 osmc systemd[1]: Mounted /mnt/FREEBOX_Films.

I think it would be a good idea to enable “Wait for Network”

Please post a fresh log after

Sure, where can i do it ? Thanks

My OSMC -> Network

The new log : https://paste.osmc.tv/ijurucotif

Thanks

For me it’s more better,.

What you think @dillthedog

I don’t understand, and I 've never see in my logs

13:46:36.617 T:4113526784 DEBUG: CRenderManager::PrepareNextRender m_QueueSkip:537 iter.pts:365.680 front.pts:365.640 renderPts:468.876 latency:0.067
13:46:37.584 T:4113526784 DEBUG: CRenderManager::PrepareNextRender m_QueueSkip:538 iter.pts:366.640 front.pts:366.600 renderPts:469.843 latency:0.067

But I think somebody can help.

My question what is your problem now ??

Some playback aren’t smooth, paused…

also it’ isn’t more a No network/SMB problem but

Some playback aren’t smooth, paused…

C’est pas contre toi, mais pour garder intacte la morale des intervenants. Il faut remettre cette discussion sur des bases “saines”

• Now your Fstab works fine ???
  • You see all your movies/TV Series/Clips/Music inside Kodi ??

If it’s OK
I think that Mod please create a new thread

Pas de souci :slight_smile:

As far i know yes. I did mentioned few time that i saw error lines while rebooting but since i activate “Wait for Network” it’s ok.

I do.

Sure, my point is on playback issues, but i wasn’t able to say if it’s a network issue or not…

I already did : Playback Stop / slow - #21 by Tom_Doyle

Hi,

I see earlier in the thread fzinken advised removing the entries and re-adding back in using nano. I would try adding these back in again. You will need command line access.

nano ~/.kodi/userdata/advancedsettings.xml

Add the entries as described ctrl-x and yes to save and exit.

sudo systemctl restart mediacenter

Thanks Tom.

Cool ,we are in France (not really, but in Europe for the moment)
I write in (my) english a lot of threads, sometime people m’understanding, sometime …
The only thing that I can suggest, don’t created 'une usine a gaz" (Now english spoken people try google tranlations)
When you see more then 200 posts in your tread something is wrong.
I’m not mod, I’m not Sam (better for me he don’t say cut the grass in his garden), i’am “largue”.
Also think to people which read *** threads/posts daily.
Regarde vers l’avant et ouvre une nouvelle question. Bien Cible…

Michael

Sure i can test but before, for information, there was no advancedsettings.xml, i added one following the advice of this post : : Playback Stop / slow - #21 by Tom_Doyle

So let’s switch to this post ?

ok
And perharps (wait some days) create a Wiki entry for french Freebox, which need “wait for network” to work.
Write it yourself, your english , is better then mine