No network/SMB

I haven’t seen any Vero 4K specific logs.

MediaInfo, debug log and we can work out what the issue is.
The last logs you posted showing a playback issue used Kodi’s built in SMB client, which has already been advised against when playing 4K or similarly demanding material

Sam

Freebox is a NAS provided by Free, one of the french Internet providers.

@michael47 – perhaps you can help here, or provide some advice in French

Sam

@sam_nazarko: I think #176 contains the Vero logs.

No. Let me resume.

I didn’t have any problem with my RP3.

With the Vero 4K :

1. Somes files have playback issues, i posted logs
  2. Due to a warning, i tried to change the network password, it didn’t work well, i wlll try post #179 today.

Please tell me if you need more details :slight_smile:

Indeed it does.

@KeizerSauze plays so many clips: Westworld, Planet Earth, etc that I am unsure which clips exhibit problems.

The user seems to press Stop quickly.

I can post additional logs but to resume :

• USB : no playback issue
  • FSTAB : playback issues

Did you try adding buffering as I suggested a few days ago? From you latest logs it doesn’t seem that you did.

I [quote=“sam_nazarko, post:209, topic:38077”]
plays so many clips: Westworld, Planet Earth, etc that I am unsure which clips exhibit problems.

The user seems to press Stop quickly.
[/quote]

If you want i can post another log, in few hours :slight_smile:, with one or two concerned ? It seems to concerns 4K files.

Right.

This confirms what I said earlier, that libsmb and Kodi’s SMB client won’t provide a great throughput for 4K video because it doesn’t have readahead.

One of the clips you are playing back, Planet Earth 2 in 2160p 4K HEVC, cannot be played back on Pi 3. Kodi’s built in Samba client doesn’t provide enough throughput for this video and for very demanding 4K content, you do need to use fstab based mounts. I believe that’s why we are embarking on this

4K files with high bitrate will struggle with Kodi’s built in Samba client. I’m hopeful this will change in the future with Kodi v18. For now – an fstab based mount is recommended.

Sure i did :slight_smile:, no change, and @fzinken told me earlier in this post it messed up.

I’m using FSTAB mount.

Are you sure it’s not a network issue?
Have you ever successfully streamed 4K to any device
using the Freebox? It’s specs don’t look promising…

If you can play on USB without issue, it’s not a Vero
4K problem…

If clips you played on Pi that worked before work on Vero 4K, it’s
also not likely to be a Vero 4K issue

1 Like

Let me reusme :

1. I did not had any network problem, or others, with my RP, not since the last update
  2. When i say that it seems to be a 4K problem it’s an assumption, i didn’t test 100 % of our media files…

All we need is logs showing the problem or even samples.

If that’s the case, what about this post: Playback Stop / slow which seems to say that you DID have a network problem with the Pi?

Ok, so i will post a third log with 1 or 2 files but please remember, as i don’t have the RP3 anymore, it will be from the Vero 4K.

Have a good night :slight_smile:

We don’t want a log from the Pi3, but your earlier posts indicated that you had the same problem on the Pi3.

Can you see the version ? I won’t be able to reproduce it with previous and last version on the RP3 but you might be able to see it ? If not, may i suggest to focus on the log i already posted/will post tomorrow ?

Sorry if i’m not clear but it’s hard to explain & explain :slight_smile: