No network/SMB

This is where I get confused

Using Release Kodi x32 build (version for Raspberry Pi)

• Logs are from a Pi, not Vero 4K
  • Not using fstab shares

I think you’re conflating some issues here, and that makes it hard for us to work out what’s going on? Why does the Samba password keep changing?

osmc@osmc:~$ ls -la /mnt
total 16
drwxr-xr-x  7 root root 4096 Jan  1  2015 .
drwxr-xr-x 23 root root 4096 Aug 14 21:13 ..
drwxrwxrwx  1 osmc osmc    0 Aug 12 11:18 FREEBOX_Films
drwxrwxrwx  1 osmc osmc    0 Aug  1 22:47 FREEBOX_Musique
drwxrwxrwx  1 osmc osmc    0 Aug  7 21:14 FREEBOX_Series

These are not mount points, since they are owned by osmc (not root) and have only one inode.

Even if there is something mounted on these mount points, it should at the very minimum have two inodes and a size greater than zero. It fulfils neither of these requirements and something therefore looks to be borked.

The OP should reboot the Vero and see what ls -la /mnt produces.

There is also the possibility of some kind of conflict between /etc/fstab and an old Kodi NFS configuration. Had the OP not ignored my advice and had instead changed the FREEBOX password to ABCD1234, such a potential conflict would have been avoided.

Hi,

I don’t have the RP3 anymore.

Here is another set of logs.

Thanks

I don’t understand, sorry.

The OP ?

I already did. Once again, here is the result :
osmc@osmc:~$ ls -la /mnt
total 16
drwxr-xr-x 7 root root 4096 Jan 1 2015 .
drwxr-xr-x 23 root root 4096 Aug 14 21:13 …
drwxrwxrwx 1 osmc osmc 0 Aug 12 11:18 FREEBOX_Films
drwxrwxrwx 1 osmc osmc 0 Aug 1 22:47 FREEBOX_Musique
drwxrwxrwx 1 osmc osmc 0 Aug 7 21:14 FREEBOX_Series
dr-xr-xr-x 2 root root 4096 Jan 1 2015 FREEBOX_media
drwxr-xr-x 2 root root 4096 Aug 15 15:33 test
osmc@osmc:~$

If you read me you’ll see i did not ignored you advice but delayed it till this morning…

You need to unmount and then remount the shares. For now, we’ll focus on just FREEBOX_Films.

cat /etc/fstab
df
sudo umount /mnt/FREEBOX_Films
ls -la /mnt
sudo mount /mnt/FREEBOX_Films
ls -la /mnt
ls -la /mnt/FREEBOX_Films
df

No idea ?

Run the commands in post #179 and show us the output.

I was reference ne to my answer to @sam_nazarko’s question.

I asked you few questions. Thanks :slight_smile:

So did I. Thanks :wink:

1 Like

What questions do you want me to answer?

Cheers

Sam

You told me that the log I uploaded look like a RP one, I said no & and i uploaded another one to understand why some of my files, apparently the 4K ones, are not played well.

Really :innocent:

The log showed you were using a Pi.
So the playback issues sound Pi related. I’m not sure how this ties in to the Vero 4K and SMB.

Let’s solve one problem at a time

I don’t have a RP anymore, and this problem is the most important one to us because we can’t watch all our TV shows.

Regarding the password problem, less important, I will have some time alone tomorrow to follow post #179 :smile:

Thanks !

@KeizerSauze, have you tried copying one of the files you are having problems playing directly to the Vero to see if the stuttering problem goes away?

Understood.

Before you can play any shows, I assume you want an fstab based SMB mount.
Let’s fix that, then we can look at the other issue

I’d also recommend testing with PC based Samba shares instead of Freebox, which I understand to be a provider in France.

Sam

Yes i did, i tried a USB drive on the Vero 4K. It works

OK, then it looks like you need to look into your Freebox NAS. If I remember correctly, you had the same problems with a Pi 3, correct?

As far i understand, i already have, point is i wasn’t able to change the network password. I’m gonna try today, but it less important than smooth play :slight_smile: