No network/SMB

ok. Where do I change hostnzme to IP ? Sources.xml ? Do I need to change something in Kodi ?

You can either edit the XML or the source via Kodi directly

Sam

Ok, thanks.

So, i get back access to my networks, but i had playback issues on files i know.

Here is the log : https://paste.osmc.tv/osanuvapot

I guess i can test with FSTAB ?

Would recommend that. For the time being just keep both sources than you can compare.

So i added the following lines :
//<192.168.0.254>/media /mnt/FREEBOX/Films/Films/ cifs x-systemd.automount,noauto,iocharset=utf8,user,username=username,password=password,uid=osmc,gid=osmc,iocharset=utf8,file_mode=0770,dir_mode=0770 0 0
//<192.168.0.254>/media /mnt/FREEBOX/Series/Series/ cifs x-systemd.automount,noauto,iocharset=utf8,user,username=username,password=password,uid=osmc,gid=osmc,iocharset=utf8,file_mode=0770,dir_mode=0770 0 0
//<192.168.0.254>/media /mnt/FREEBOX/Series/Documentaires/ cifs x-systemd.automount,noauto,iocharset=utf8,user,username=username,password=password,uid=osmc,gid=osmc,iocharset=utf8,file_mode=0770,dir_mode=0770 0 0
//<192.168.0.254>/media /mnt/FREEBOX/Musiques HD/Concerts/ cifs x-systemd.automount,noauto,iocharset=utf8,user,username=username,password=password,uid=osmc,gid=osmc,iocharset=utf8,file_mode=0770,dir_mode=0770 0 0
//<192.168.0.254>/media /mnt/FREEBOX/Musiques HD/Emission/ cifs x-systemd.automount,noauto,iocharset=utf8,user,username=username,password=password,uid=osmc,gid=osmc,iocharset=utf8,file_mode=0770,dir_mode=0770 0 0

My Vero 4K is not booting, or booting in a kind of safe mode…

What do you see on screen? You may be able to hold SHIFT when booting and manually edit fstab.

What were the full contents of fstab? There shouldn’t be angular brackets.

If you mess up fstab it can break booting, so it’s always best to run mount -a after making changes to verify they are OK.

I see a bunch of lines of code and an invite to boot in safe mode.

rootfs is not mounted in fstab as we do it via initramfs. Uncomment for remount (slower boot)

#/dev/vero-nand/root / ext4 defaults,noatime 0 0

//<192.168.0.254>/media /mnt/FREEBOX/Films/Films/ cifs x-systemd.automount,noauto,iocharset=utf8,user,username=username,password=password,uid=osmc,gid=osmc,iocharset=utf8,file_mode=0770,dir_mode=0770 0 0
//<192.168.0.254>/media /mnt/FREEBOX/Series/Series/ cifs x-systemd.automount,noauto,iocharset=utf8,user,username=username,password=password,uid=osmc,gid=osmc,iocharset=utf8,file_mode=0770,dir_mode=0770 0 0
//<192.168.0.254>/media /mnt/FREEBOX/Series/Documentaires/ cifs x-systemd.automount,noauto,iocharset=utf8,user,username=username,password=password,uid=osmc,gid=osmc,iocharset=utf8,file_mode=0770,dir_mode=0770 0 0
//<192.168.0.254>/media /mnt/FREEBOX/Musiques HD/Concerts/ cifs x-systemd.automount,noauto,iocharset=utf8,user,username=username,password=password,uid=osmc,gid=osmc,iocharset=utf8,file_mode=0770,dir_mode=0770 0 0
//<192.168.0.254>/media /mnt/FREEBOX/Musiques HD/Emission/ cifs x-systemd.automount,noauto,iocharset=utf8,user,username=username,password=password,uid=osmc,gid=osmc,iocharset=utf8,file_mode=0770,dir_mode=0770 0 0

You’re right, there are …

I only added the lines discussed earlier, with an empty one before, as recommended, but obviously with < & >

This is Chinese to me, i can’t anticipate such a thing.

What can i do to correct it ? I have a backup of the file but i’ve lost access.

Well discussed earlier was also the following

So have you removed the < and > before you put it into fstab?
Also you should only have a single line for the share!
As @sam_nazarko wrote press “shift” will booting and then you should be able to edit the fstab (first remove all lines you added) and reboot.
Then we can look into added it properly.

Not everywhere :cry:

I’m gonna buy a keyboard. Thanks.

no USB keyboard in the whole house?

You can reinstall from Download - OSMC without a USB keyboard if you don’t
have a lot to lose.

My advice is:

• Edit /etc/fstab
  • Run sudo mount -a
  • If you don’t get any errors, and the shares are working, it’s fine. If you get an error, you’ll want to revert /etc/fstab to what it was or reboots will be problematic.

The device is booting OK though (as rootfs is mounted by the initramfs); but systemd doesn’t like the malformed fstab. So all you need to do is run the commands you ran to edit fstab, likely nano /etc/fstab (with a keyboard) and fix the malformed entries.

Sam

Nope, only 2 laptops :wink:

I have a keyboard, when i boot and hold SHIFT key i see the OSMC screen, quickly some text & then it’s all black.

i’m reinstalling OSMC. If I need to modify fstab, I just need to execute the command you mentioned in your post ? Nothing more ?

Thanks.

You don’t need to hold shift as you’re already on the command line. That also means you don’t need to reinstall.

Black screen issue on holding shift was fixed in last month’s update. Try and keep on top of updates if you can

Sam

Hi Sam,

Thanks.

As shift doesn’t work for me i already reinstalled OSMC[quote=“sam_nazarko, post:56, topic:38077”]

Black screen issue on holding shift was fixed in last month’s update.
[/quote]

Witch is my version.

What do you mean ?

So i’m gonna modify FSTAB adding the following lines :
//192.168.0.254/media /mnt/FREEBOX/Films/Films/ cifs x-systemd.automount,noauto,iocharset=utf8,user,username=danielbachelay,password=19431945dbbb,uid=osmc,gid=osmc,iocharset=utf8,file_mode=0770,dir_mode=0770 0 0
//192.168.0.254/media /mnt/FREEBOX/Series/Series/ cifs x-systemd.automount,noauto,iocharset=utf8,user,username=danielbachelay,password=19431945dbbb,uid=osmc,gid=osmc,iocharset=utf8,file_mode=0770,dir_mode=0770 0 0
//192.168.0.254/media /mnt/FREEBOX/Series/Documentaires/ cifs x-systemd.automount,noauto,iocharset=utf8,user,username=danielbachelay,password=19431945dbbb,uid=osmc,gid=osmc,iocharset=utf8,file_mode=0770,dir_mode=0770 0 0
//192.168.0.254/media /mnt/FREEBOX/Musiques HD/Concerts/ cifs x-systemd.automount,noauto,iocharset=utf8,user,username=danielbachelay,password=19431945dbbb,uid=osmc,gid=osmc,iocharset=utf8,file_mode=0770,dir_mode=0770 0 0
//192.168.0.254/media /mnt/FREEBOX/Musiques HD/Emission/ cifs x-systemd.automount,noauto,iocharset=utf8,user,username=danielbachelay,password=19431945dbbb,uid=osmc,gid=osmc,iocharset=utf8,file_mode=0770,dir_mode=0770 0 0

Sounds correct ? Ti be sure i save and : [quote=“sam_nazarko, post:53, topic:38077”]
Run sudo mount -a
[/quote]

Well he meant that you seemed to not have been on the latest version if you have been faced with the black screen.

NO, this is not correct! I have now written it twice!

You seem to only have a single share on your server called “media” if that is the case you only have a single linke in fstab like this:
//192.168.0.254/media /mnt/FREEBOX_media cifs x-systemd.automount,noauto,iocharset=utf8,user,username=danielbachelay,password=19431945dbbb,uid=osmc,gid=osmc,iocharset=utf8,file_mode=0770,dir_mode=0770 0 0

After you have done that and verified with sudo mount -a you then would add individual sources in Kodi for Films/Series/Music/…

Hi,

I was / am.

So i misunderstood, i only have one source.

What is the command line to edit FSTAB ? Do i need to save FSTAB before running sudo mount -a ? Thanks.

sudo nano /etc/fstab

Yes, exit nano with CTRL-X and Y and Enter
After that run sudo mount -a and check for errors. If no error than check with ls -lah /mnt/FREEBOX_media if the share is mounted correctly.

I didn’t get any error with sudo mount -a but with the other command line i have : No such file or directory

That is strange, provide the URL of dmesg | paste-log and cat fstab | paste-log
the last command will share your fstab so if you believe that you username/password is sensitive please change them first