Oh My :( - My Hardware it's at END OF HIS LIFE ? Bye Bye my faithful Pi2?

Also i have anticipated on my other thread releated “SMB Sharing” on this last 10/15 days my current OSMC setup has begun to have strange behavior.
Sometime when i turn on my RaspBerry Pi2 used for years and years whit last current image of OSMC after about some seconds i can see and read this on my TV.
I can share to you two different picture… i hope it’s can readable:

I have says… it’s not appening ever. When it’s appen, right now, i switch off my current power supply. Re-Switch on after some seconds and usually i can see my hardware boot correctly (and after about 20 seconds see Estuary appear on my TV).

About this errors i have tryed to found some info on Google before to open another thread here but i have found a few information and not a real solution.
Someone speak about SD corruption… some other speak about the main cpu as damaged etc etc.

When it’s see this on TV the Raspberry it’s obviously not reachable by webguy or ssh or whatever service because i can see clearly the lan port it’s not physically lit on.

It’s my hardware at end of his life after years of glorious use ? You thinks in a little future i can obtain this errors every time and my hardware goes totally not bootable (and need to start to backup some file from current sd to eventually restore when i buy a newest hardware) ?

I wait some information about this… thanks in advance.

I doubt that the Raspberry itself is “end of his life” as I am still using a Pi1 which is older than that. If you want to stick with your Raspberry I suggest to first start with a new Power Supply and a new SD Card as those the two items that can “age”.

ok… i can be start to buy a power supply i can also capable to support a Pi4.
For SD card problably i can buy it’s maybe even bigger than currently 8GB. I thinks i can buy a 64GB or 32GB but i need to know before if it’s all compatible whit my Pi2 or somethings.
After that i can begin to re-start to begin to install new image and progressively restore all my preferences…

First thing (and the most common failure) would be to replace the SD card. 32G would be just fine.

I have found on amazon a good solution… a samsung MB-MC64GA/AMZ at about 15€ whitout expedion cost. I thinks it’s good solution.

For power supply it’s my BAD, The Pi4 has the USB Type-C and i the Pi2 has the microusb… warning to me.

I bought a power supply with USB-C that came with a USB-C to Micro USB adapter.
Also makes life easier when removing / inserting power as I simply leave the adapter in the old Pi.

GeeekPi Raspberry Pi 4 Model B Power Supply Raspberry Pi 4 5V 3A UK Plug Charger Power Adapter for Raspberry Pi 4B/3B+/3B https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07XBF3P15/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_tai_qugnEb6DC510G

Oh great idea… otherwise on my current power supply i have an “power strip” have for every line a interctor for turn off or turn on every line.
in practice I have a similar to this:

I have to see if this powersupply it’s also avaible on italian site… problably yes but i need to search it also whitout uk plug :slight_smile:

I have another question to all:
Also from amazon i have check to buy a new SD… i have see there’s avaiable the SDXC 64GB U3 class 3. I thinks it’s real fast but problably my current Pi2 can’t reach this speed.
If i buy a Samsung “normal” SDHC… somethings like this:
https://www.amazon.it/dp/B06XFSZGCC/?coliid=I6D6D9HR2C6YC&colid=3DCXFZ8BZOO4F&psc=0&ref_=lv_ov_lig_dp_it
I thinks it’s also good… i hope :slight_smile:

You could buy an OSMC brand card:

1 Like

i thinks i can considerate…

Hey friends… i have to re-update this thread for an consideration.
After the recent vicissitudes i have already buyed and received a newest sd card but I haven’t done a new osmc installation on it yet.

I have an addictional question… I was noticing before:
During a youtube video reproduction i have take a look on the " PlayerProcessInfo".

My Actual raspberry Pi2 it’s a quad core right ?
On my actual setup i can see only 3 CPU listed… named CPU 0… 1… and 2.

in theory should I not display the percentages of usage if all the 4 cores avaiable ?

Could it be that a processor core is not functioning as it should ?
Could a damaged or malfunctioning core compromise the entire stability of the system ?

What do you get if you run this from SSH?:

cat /sys/devices/armv7_cortex_a7/cpus

But since you have a new SD card, why don’t you just set it up? You have nothing to lose by doing that.

osmc@osmc:~# cat /sys/devices/armv7_cortex_a7/cpus
0-3
osmc@osmc:~#

But i thinks i need to check this command also when i see the only 3 core listed on “playerprocessinfo” to see if it’s present some difference.

However, I have not configured the new SD simply because I want to try to make sure that the problem is not elsewhere… for example on power supply on directly in the main board.
If yes at this point i’m planning to purchase a pi4 board but there’s no news or no information for example when this “new” boards it’s fully supported by all most famous os like this osmc or retropie…

To get a better understanding of the problem you are experiencing we need more information from you. The best way to get this information is for you to upload logs that demonstrate your problem. You can learn more about how to submit a useful support request here.

Depending on the used skin you have to set the settings-level to standard or higher, in summary:

• enable debug logging at settings->system->logging

• reboot the OSMC device

• reproduce the issue

• upload the log set either using the Log Uploader method within the My OSMC menu in the GUI or the ssh method invoking command grab-logs -A

• publish the provided URL from the log set upload, here

Thanks for your understanding. We hope that we can help you get up and running again shortly.

OSMC skin screenshot:

I can’t reproduce the issue every time and every boot… apparently it’s appears randomly and it’s disappears at next boot.

Otherwise the errors i have reported on first post it’s appears at first splashscreen and i can’t do nothings, in this situation the pi2 it’s not reachable by lan or somethings similar it’s simply block/crash in this situation and i can only turn off removing his power supply.

For try to investigate about this it’s possible to check some like kernel log or similar ?
I have also tryed to look some similar thread by google:

https://www.google.com/search?client=firefox-b-d&sxsrf=ACYBGNQWfKjyAss_S4zsr2OpoO9xaxbryQ%3A1581697781420&ei=9cpGXpWaGdHBmwXl-pr4Ag&q=raspberrypi-firmware+soc%3Afirmware+%3Arequest+0x00040013&oq=raspberrypi-firmware+soc%3Afirmware+%3Arequest+0x00040013&gs_l=psy-ab.3…24654.38636…38930…2.0…0.165.1186.11j2…0…1…gws-wiz.UIBbBOf7tlQ&ved=0ahUKEwjV6Jyzu9HnAhXR4KYKHWW9Bi8Q4dUDCAo&uact=5

Some of this speak about a kernel issue but i thinks it’s wrongs because i’m only here reporting the issue whit my osmc setup…

@fzinken suggested in the first answer to your initial thread to try another power supply. I cannot read from all the posts that you done anything in this direction. So what has happened to this?

Seems to be the only chance besides a new SD card before you have to make a decision whether to use this Pi in future as a paperweight, only.

I know but it’s not good to waste money :slight_smile: Ok i have buyed a newest SD because it has a relatively low cost and why if not for the my pi2 i can use for example on a reflex or similar.

However, the power supply that was suggested to me has the UK plug and it’s no ok for me… on amazon list i have add this:
https://www.amazon.it/dp/B07FM6S7XN/?coliid=I1OBS5IQ2M0FST&colid=3DCXFZ8BZOO4F&psc=1&ref_=lv_ov_lig_dp_it

I thinks it’s ok for me setup even if someone reports problems whit undervoltage in comments…

The OSMC Powersupply comes with your country specific plug

While I would say if you spend on the SD Card already, try that as a first approach.
Also before continue to spend so much money on a Raspberry setup it always also make sense to step back and take a view at the bigger picture and consider buying a Vero.

Interesting… about 7.50€ (at actual change value) and eventual shipping cost if it’s not free (mmmm now whit brexit it’s need duty tax??) .

Anyway, one thing seems clear to me… that we can’t point the finger at somethings and determine a single component as the cause of all evils :slight_smile:

In the past, even before buying my current pi2, I had considered the possibility of buying the vero avaiable in that time but after some consideration I preferred to opt for a more open source solution also because I came from an unsatisfactory experience with a stand alone mediplayer. just to know before this my actually pi2 i had a “WD TV Live” (old hardware" media player… switching to kodi was a revolution for me :slight_smile:

Ah… Sorry if my ENGLISH it’s REAL BAD… Google Translator it’s my lifeguard :slight_smile:

There are no customs fees to pay when ordering from our website. For now - we are still a member of the single market as well.

The Vero is as open source as OSMC on the Pi.

Hey boys… i have a general question and i thinks i can re-use this thread for make it.

The question it’s about the newest SD…

I have installed, FINALLY, OSMC on a bigger SD. I have buy a newest 32GB SD Card and i have installed osmc over it.

I have tryed to boot and apparently all it’s works… now i have the previous SD card.
I have tryed to mount it on windows but it’s no works… i can see the both partition and i can’t see the partition contain the old kodi setup whit all my files.
My desire it’s open this “old” kodi setup… and step by step restore some setting on this newest setup like ssh setting, share setting, the source of kodi etc etc.
For example in previous setup i have setup a lot on dedian alias usefull and if i can see it from windows i can re-apply on this newest setup…

How i can ?