Recently some nfs shares (homenasmedia) from my Synology NAS have not been automatically mounting on my 4K+ on boot as they did previously.
My homenasmedia share mounts perfectly using sudo mount /mnt/homenasmedia command, just doesn’t automatically mount on boot.
Unusually, my TVRecordings share does mount at boot. Why the difference? Same NAS, same config? Same fstab and mount point config.
By process of elimination I think the problem might be with OSMC OS because:
My NAS probably isn’t at fault because:
- Other nfs shares (TVRecordings) from the same NAS using the same NAS config automount during boot
- I can mount /mnt/homenasmedia manually via CLI
My fstab file probably isn’t at fault because:
- Automounting worked well using longstanding fstab until a couple or so weeks ago
- My TVRecording mount mounts automatically on boot and it has same fstab entry and mount point permissions as homenasmedia
I played around with fstab last night as i noticed noauto might be better as just auto, however changing didn’t make a difference, just thought i would try options before resorting to forum. Paste of fstab below.
My mountpoints aren’t at fault because:
- the permissions for homenasmedia are the same as TVrecordings, and TVrecordings mountpoint does automount during boot. Paste of mountpoints below.
This ‘fault’ occurred about the same time as:
- I updated to the latest version of Synology firmware
- I’ve replaced all ETH cables with new T586A spec
- I Updated OSMC to May update
- I changed from confluence skin to Aon version (from the ‘Get More’ skins function in OSMC)
- I installed a new 5 port netgear switch
- i started to use tvheadend and tvheadend htsp addon PVR client.
I don’t think this issues could be realted to new skin, switch, ETH cables or TVHE. Perhaps new firmware on NAS, however no significant commentary on Synology forums on nfs shares issue since Synology firmware update.
192.168.1.31:/volume1/Media /mnt/homenasmedia nfs noauto,x-systemd.automount,noatime 0 0
192.168.1.31:/volume1/Family\040Files /mnt/familyfiles nfs noauto,x-systemd.automount,ro,noatime 0 0
192.168.1.31:/volume1/TVRecordings /mnt/tvrecordings nfs noauto,x-systemd.automount,noatime 0 0
#/dev/vero-nand/root / ext4 defaults,noatime 0 0
osmc@vero:~$ cd /mnt
osmc@vero:/mnt$ ls -la
drwxr-xr-x 6 root root 4096 May 26 21:28 .
drwxr-xr-x 23 root root 4096 Nov 8 2018 …
drwxr-xr-x 2 root root 0 May 29 13:09 familyfiles
drwxrwxrwx 2 root root 4096 May 28 17:43 homenasmedia
drwxrwxrwx 4 root root 4096 Nov 12 2018 storage-fstab
drwxrwxrwx 4 root root 4096 May 28 19:00 tvrecordings
Interestingly familyfiles isn’t automounting either, but like homemasmedia mount does mount manually via CLI.
Is anyone else having similar problems? Should i use the timeout option in fstab … maybe the NAS firmware update did something to nfs sharing timeouts? I did a forum search in this forum and saw a weird post about only the 2nd or 3rd entry in fstab automounting …
I’m very happy to upload log files if it helps.
Thanks in advance.