Only wake from app?

Yes.

Hi Sam,

sadly the TV, a Samsung 75MU6179 still wakes (disables the screensaver) on the Vero 4K+ around every two hours via CEC broadcast and thus the TV turns on

I’m using the ‘Turn Off’ screensaver for now and edited the screensaver.py to enable/disable hyperion to have the ambilight turn on/off automatically.

Here is the log that shows what CEC does:
http://paste.osmc.io/ucurijeren.vhdl

It would be really nice to just don’t react to these broadcasts - or does anybody have a better solution?

best regards
Anthrax

I updated CEC again last night. Can you give it another go?

Sam

I’m on it!

Thanks Sam.

Still coming alive by itself - the thing might as well be haunted :wink:

https://paste.osmc.tv/etuwibesez.vhdl

Thanks for the log

Not much more I can do :wink:

Apart from the occasional insomnia it’s an awesome little device and it runs stable like no other I’ve tried in the last 15 years…

best regards
Anthrax

Hi Sam,

any news on the ghost-wakeup issue?
Ideally the Vero would ignore/suppress all HDMI-CEC magic until a remote button was pressed (maybe configurable)… Is this in your might or is the root cause buried within Kodi?

best regards
Anthrax

PS: I know I’m nagging…

I could suppress CEC during suspend, but then remote buttons wouldn’t register to wake up the device.

Hi Sam,

I’m having a facepalm moment - I think we misunderstood each other…

I’m not using the TV remote via CEC at all - I’m talking about the vero 4k remote usb-connected to the device itself (you know, the original Vero remote that came in the box :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:)

So is this possible?

Anthrax

Yes – but not everyone uses that remote. So it would disable CEC from working as a source of wakeup for others.

that’s why I suggested making it configurable - or maybe this can be toggled in the standby.py/wake.py scripts?

:wink:

This would work for me. I could wake up the Vero with its original remote but control it with the TV remote once it’s awake. Once the TV switches it off it should stay off.

Let me see if I can think of a better idea.

1 Like

Hi Sam,

has been quite some time since I’ve flocked to these forums (acutally not true as I’m a frequent reader, but today I feel like nagging you again :wink: ).

Any news on this topic?

I’m still loving/using my Vero 4K+ everyday but this thing is driving me nuts some day, sigh.

Anyways, keep safe.

best regards
Anthrax

I’m still working on this, but I can’t reproduce the problem directly.

Sam

HI Sam,

what do you mean reproduce directly? Does this mean your Vero will always stay in standby mode or you don’t have a CEC enabled TV/audio system?

From what I understood the standby mode is just a special screen saver - and my/our problem seems to be that any event that is able to end the screensaver will automatically wake the TV and run the wake.py script. So my guess would be that there is an event handler buried deep down within Kodis code that needs to be trimmed down to be more selective/restrictive on what would end the screensaver, amirite? Best case for me it would only allow to wake on a remote control event (non-CEC but from a remote connected to the Vero itself)

But I guess it’s not that easy - what do I know :wink:

Anthrax

I’ve made some changes which @fzinken has reported as successful; but there are a couple of other things we need to verify first

Wow, ok… That sounds very promising.

Thank you Sam!

Anthrax

Hi Sam,

So yesterday I updated to June update and even though I couldn’t find any reference to the cec wake issues in the change log I gave it a try leaving the Vero 4K+ in standby over night betting on having itself (and all the Hue lights with it) turn on. To my surprise everything was still dark in the morning and after combing through the log my hopes were confirmed!!!

Wooohooooo this seems to have been fixed!

@sam_nazarko: Thank you very much!

And btw. things also seem a bit snappier with the update - this is always welcome as well :wink:

best regard
Anthrax