OSD menu after Sep Upgrade

Maybe a coincidence, but the OSD menu that used to be activated by the ok button on my remote when playing a video no longer works after the Sep upgrade. The ok button now pauses the movie and displays some video information, identical to pressing the pause button. How can I bring back the OSD menu when playing.

If this were widespread then we would have likely seen many more reports. Without you advising what type of remote and what technology it uses, we don’t have much to go on here. Including logs would probably be useful in case it’s something odd such as corruption causing the issue.

I am just using my Sony remote. Limited, but does what I need. I think I have traced the problem to likely a corrupt skin. Just how to fix?
http://paste.osmc.io/dadibaseki.vbs

Does changing back to Confluence help?

Sam

Yes, changing to confluence fixes the issue. I don’t now if this is related but have on occasion noticed when watching a movie or maybe it was navigating between menus on the bottom right a message would pop up “Rebuilding menus, skins”, something along those lines. I think somehow OSMC menus are being corrupted. Is there a fix to restore all the OSCM menus.

This means the skin you are using uses skinshortcuts. This addon is up to date so shouldn’t be causing a problem. The OSMC skin uses skinshortcuts too. If that is OK, then I’d guess that the issue may be specific to the skin you are using

The skin I am/was using is OSMC?, I just switched to confluence to fix the issue. How can I restore/reinstall a fresh OSMC skin

Got it

sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get install mediacenter-skin-osmc --reinstall

Did that resolve the issue?

Sam

Yes it did, although this is the second time the OSMC skin has become corrupted. I had the same issue after the Aug upgrade, different symptoms though

if I run this command line to reinstall osmc skin, will it delete all my osmc skin settings (customized menus) ?
Thanks

You are replying to threads that are 3 and 4 years old. Without logs and an accurate description of exactly what your issue is, there is no way of knowing if this will even help.

Sorry for that.
Just want to know if " sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get install mediacenter-skin-osmc --reinstall" will erase my skin settings , like custom menus, colours, backgrounds,… ?

I don’t think so. Those should be in guisettings.xml and untouched.

The skin settings are not stored in the guisettings.xml, but in the user’s skin addon folder under /home/osmc/.kodi/userdata/addon_data/skin.osmc. It’s simply named “settings.xml”. If you reinstall the skin, I’d expect this file to stay untouched. But you could back it up to a different location and move it back after the reinstall to be on the safe side…

1 Like