OSMC Alpha 1 is here!

Indeed. I haven’t read much on Kodi 14 on ATV1. I kind of hesitate to fiddle with the ATV1 until you’ve done an “official” release. My ATV has a CHD card. I was under the impression that Kodi 14 didn’t support the CHD:

“Starting in XBMC/Kodi v14, support for the BCHD is being dropped from the software.”

It doesn’t, but OSMC does…

Does that mean that OSMC for ATV1 is imminent?

Hello i reinstall nfs-common and all works fine now… thanks :smiley:

Sam, I turn on the Raspberry PI and get only Kodi.
Then I’m adding my nas folder via NFS. Ip address has the right privilege and usually the PI works with OpenELEC.

Love the installer, very smooth. Will have to wait for GPIO IR support before I can run it in production in my living room, but looks great and will keep this on a spare SD card and keep a close eye on it :slight_smile:

Hi tpx

I’m assuming you’ve tried to add the NFS share via Kodi instead of the command line. It’s possible we’ve missed a dependency for that. I’m investigating and that should be fixed by Alpha 2.

Cheers

Sam

Hi grant,

That’s understood – if you’re interested in testing and helping refine our remote support please do let us know.

Yes. I do not know any command line, I used Kodi! :slight_smile:

That’s odd. If you could get the Kodi log file (from /home/osmc/.kodi/temp/kodi.log) that could be quite helpful in finding out why it’s not working.

Please try and enable debugging and also make sure you try and ‘add’ the share so that that activity is in the log.

You can upload logs to http://paste.osmc.io.

Cheers

Sam

Am installing OSMC right now, damn that looks nice!
One tip … could you make the percentage font bigger so you can see it from a 3 meter distance? :smile:

Hi

I think it’s more the fact that it’s being rendered at 640*480 than the font size. Unfortunately for now I need to stick with this resolution as some people may be using SDTVs and I haven’t found a wayto get framebuffer resolution independent of platform yet.

We need to fix up a couple of things in the target installer as it hangs in a couple of places where it should actually be giving you progress, so I’ll look at it then.

Cheers

NFS through Kodi works perfectly here, you have the same permissions set? same IP etc?

Indeed, should only be fstab mounts that are affected at the moment

Yup, last time I only needed to install nfs-common to fix that issue as well!

Yes. I’m using openELEC and it works, with the given IP. In Kodi/OSMC I see the same IP, under System, but when I’m adding a share I reach the Nas (I see the IP, one for each Nas) but I can’t open the folders inside them.

We are going to need a log to be able to see why you’re having trouble

Cheers

Sam

I said ago was a mistake, I restart again and the mounts is gone… on start the OSMC appears 3 lines with information [FAILED] MOUNT …

cumps

Sure, Sam - would love to help out with some testing :slight_smile:

I noticed that for an NFS mount in Kodi the request comes from an unpriv’d port, whereas in Gotham/raspbmc the request originates from a privileged port.

Some NFS servers will reject this, in particular Linux needs the “insecure” NFS export option to allow connections from unprivileged ports.