OSMC Alpha 1 is here!

That was the same for Gotham and Frodo, so that’s nothing new…

Brilliant news, going to fire up a build now. Really looking forward to some app development…I just need pointing in the right direction as that snake code has always scared me. :smile:

I did some quick testing. Most files played fine. The only ones that didn’t were WMV files. As I hadn’t added the codecs I presume they were being played using software decode.

How do you add the purchased codecs in OSMC?

Hi there!
I’m a bit new to systemd, so if I want a static IP address, can I follow this documentation and create a file /etc/systemd/network/static.network like:

[Network]
Address=192.168.1.101/24
Gateway=192.168.1.1
DNS=192.168.1.1

And run systemctl restart systemd-networkd.service

Would this do the trick?

Anyway, great job putting this together, really appreciated :slight_smile:

CEC doesn’t appear to be working with OSMC?

Awesome installer - worked really well. Excellent.

Is there no way to shut down? Exiting just restarts Kodi. I also found that when it restarted my screen resolution had reverted? (I switched off Pi to make sure it shut down after exiting and before it could restart again)

Great job!

CEC works without issue here. Use ssh to shutdown for now I suppose. Still work to be done to build in the shutdown.

Hi Sam. Installer was amazingly simple and quick. Loved it! USB connected hard drive doesn’t appear under files though. Is that support coming in a later build or should it work now? If it’s supposed to work now, what can I provide for troubleshooting? Thanks!

CEC works perfect here as well, you probably need a config.txt change to get that working…

Actually, I switched the TV Off and On again and it works. I remembered it did this previously with Raspbmc when I had the TV switched on before the Pi.

Is it gonna be roling release distribution and to update to alpha 2, RC and other versions we only need apt-get dist-upgrade ?

Sorry, but I’m not so smart! In order to add my shares in OSMC/Kodi via NFS I’ll wait for a stable Version :smile:

Tried to load this onto my raspberry pi this morning installer runs on pc says sd card is ready once I put it in my Pi and start it nothing appears to happen all the lights come on apart activity. Had to revert back and put raspbmc back on

The network is not set up via systemd, but actually via ConnMan. I’m working on getting the options set in the installer to actually be applied at boot time, and hopefully that will work for the Alpha 2 build.

This is a bug and will be fixed in Alpha 2.

USB drives should be mounting properly, but we did miss some filesystem support in the first build. This will be added in Alpha 2. If you’re still having trouble then, let me know.

In the future, I hope we can just move from one build to another using apt. However I made some mistakes with how dpkg-divert was handling some files, and this has left some packages in a ‘stuck’ state. So to upgrade to Alpha 2 I’d recommend a re-download. That will also give people a chance to test our WiFI and network setup.

Ohhh, that’s why I wasn’t able to get it to work!!
Well, for now I used connmanctl config, looking forward for Alpha 2.

Will that ‘stuck’ package be fixed with alpha 2?
Would be nice to not constantly do all the settings and installs of course :smile:

I hope so. I’m quite new to Debian packaging so it’s possible I have not fixed the issue yet…

1 Like

I’ve finaly install this and it’s amazing how smooth (in comparison to Raspbmc and Openelec) it is! I considered buying Intel NUC or Gigabyte BRIX but now i don’t have to :smile:

But I have a problem playing files which are compressed with RAR (There is file.rar, file.r00, file.r01 … file r50 in one folder). Only audio is playing. File after extraction plays OK so archive isn’t corrupted. On Kodi file list there is only first rar file with size of 95 MB - normaly there should be one file (contents of archive) with full size - for example 5 GB. Everything works OK in Kodi 14 RC3 on Ubuntu

Log: http://paste.osmc.io/wujukejoyu.js

Likely needs mpeg2 codec.

Indeed. We plan to have an add-on soon allowing you to enter these settings, but for now you’ll have to edit /boot/config.txt manually

Hmm, but when I extract this file it’s working. Here is mediainfo of this file: http://paste.osmc.io/wuferavulo.vhdl it looks like mpeg4.