OSMC Alpha 4 is here!

12 days left means we are at least 12 days away from making that announcement. It is to get some attention when we do hit final.

1 Like

Hello, my name is João and i´m Portuguese

I´m a raspbmc user in my Raspberry pi B+, and now i installed OSMC Alpha 4 in my new Raspberry pi 2.

I just want to congratulate sam nazarko and is team because i never test Beta or Alpha stuff and i am amazed with this one.

All the settings that i use with raspbmc i copy them to this alpha and everything works just fine.

Keep on the good work

Sorry my poor English

2 Likes

I have 2 questions:

• When Alpha goes to Stable Version, do i install everything from the beggining, or it auto updates whith all my settings ?

• Is it faster to install with usb 3.0 Pen suport in raspberry pi 2 or not ?

What do you advise me to do Sam ???

Thanks

The next version of OSMC will require a fresh install unfortunately - you will not be able to upgrade to it using the built in upgrade mechanism.

2 Likes

OK. Thanks for the answer.

Does it makes the system faster if i install OSMC with suport from a usb pen 3.0 on Raspberry pi 2 ???

I have that method on Raspberry pi 1 B + and its much faster.

Thanks

I’m using SD install with my Pi2 and PiB.

I was thinking about going down the USB install route again but have found that OSMC is faster with the SD install than my PiB was with Raspbmc - significantly faster.

I’m not going to bother going down the USB install route again as I see no real point.

I can only assume that when the final is released it will be faster yet again.

1 Like

I have problem to open the bib of my movies. He blocks every times. I have a raspberry 1 B+. If a go to year and i open 1 year where i dont have a lot of movie. He opens.

Love the look and layout.

I am, however, having a problem with subtitles on .mkv files. They used to show up by default on Raspbmc, but OSMC doesn’t register that they exist.

Hi Sam, using usb3 makes any different in speed?
kind regards
jay

Olá frenchdj,

Sou novo no OSMC e raspberry.

Sabes me informar como instalo o addons para ver canais de tv portugueses?

Obrigado
Bruno Azevedo

Oi Bruno, enviei mensagem privada