OSMC Alpha 4 is here!

Mindful question but how do i know what is fixed between alpha 4->5 via revamped update system ?

i did power up my Rasp B+ today and some updates… i have no idea what…

Point being its ok with alphas… would be nice to know which parts are changed so that testing can also focus on verifying those…

We have not released Alpha 5 yet.

We will make a blog post for significant changes

Cheers

Sam

Hi too

Of course… sounds ok… i’ve been wondering the sentence in the installer… about , (cant remember the exact words but… something about sending info or sth…) are alpha builds built so errors are sent automatically to you if internet connection is available ?

and yes i am new here but long time linux user… also picked up B+ last year and loving it.to be honest rarely have i seen so good (open) development work what you guys do here… respects!

Hi

We will do this when we need things testing. For now we know what needs addressing and are doing a lot of work at the moment.

We’ll have some testing for remote support and improved WiFI and network setup soon I suspect

Sam

I can now also confirm that shutting of the TV and the RPi2 completely for a couple of minutes solved my issue with not being able to use CEC.

For now, this is my new favorite media center. Will test the coming weeks to see if it is stable enough to replace my Windows Media Center setup in the living room.

Glad to hear that fixed your CEC problem and that you’re enjoying this version of OSMC.

Remember that it’s still in Alpha testing so there may be some bugs, but it won’t be too much longer before the final release is out.

Presumably there will be one or more beta releases before it goes ‘final’ though?

With confluence skin this is ready as a daily driver. Only gripe, audio doesnt automatically play next, video does, unless u play whole folder. With HDMI audio and a Yam receiver Sound quality is top notch for me.

Is there any ETA for when the first X86 builds will be arriving? I’m extremely excited to replace openelec on all of my x86 machines!

I reinstalled from scratch and my Wireless issue went away.
Working really good. Although I did switch back to Confluence Skin.

Feels Nice and fluid.

This will involve the development of a partitioner, so we’re probably a month or so away yet.

I am testing OSMC since alpha 2 (i want to shift from openelec because it is limited with system addons and i need them for the gpio projects i am working on as well) and still my remote is not working. It is a universal USB remote, mainly working in all os (windows, linux, openelec) since forever, but in osmc i can not get it to work.
I checked the modules in openelec:
Module Size Used by
snd_soc_wm8804 6686 0
snd_soc_pcm512x_i2c 1481 0
snd_soc_tas5713 4752 0
snd_soc_bcm2708_i2s 6017 0
snd_soc_pcm512x 6076 1 snd_soc_pcm512x_i2c
regmap_spi 1465 1 snd_soc_wm8804
regmap_i2c 1974 3 snd_soc_wm8804,snd_soc_pcm512x_i2c,snd_soc_tas5713
regmap_mmio 2181 1 snd_soc_bcm2708_i2s
snd_soc_core 104474 4 snd_soc_pcm512x,snd_soc_wm8804,snd_soc_tas5713,snd_soc_bcm2708_i2s
snd_compress 7084 1 snd_soc_core
snd_pcm_dmaengine 2935 1 snd_soc_core
snd_pcm 63086 3 snd_soc_wm8804,snd_soc_core,snd_pcm_dmaengine
snd_timer 17712 1 snd_pcm
snd 41549 4 snd_soc_core,snd_timer,snd_pcm,snd_compress
lirc_rpi 6008 3
lirc_dev 7885 1 lirc_rpi
rc_core 16231 1 lirc_dev
bcm2708_rng 812 0

while in osmc i get only:
lsmod
Module Size Used by
nfsd 316820 2
uio_pdrv_genirq 3642 0
uio 9968 1 uio_pdrv_genirq
fuse 105798 1
ipv6 409953 40

i always do fresh install (both openelec and osmc)… put sd card in card reader, install from installer the last version. Since there was a line Add support for most remotes i thought it might work this time, but still no luck (and hack maybe never will if it is all done).
The remote is: http://www.dx.com/p/wireless-multimedia-infrared-ir-remote-controller-with-usb-receiver-for-pc-2-aaa-44187#.VNUdBf7U9pg

Please check and thank you.

Can’t install using NFS, still worked in Alpha 2… Started off with not being able to get static IP addressing to work, added my RPi as a reservation but still won’t work. All permissions etc. on the NFS share are correct, as well is the path

Thu Jan 1 00:00:14 1970 Starting OSMC installer
Thu Jan 1 00:00:21 1970 Detecting device we are running on
Thu Jan 1 00:00:21 1970 Mounting boot filesystem
Thu Jan 1 00:00:21 1970 Trying to mount to MNT_BOOT (/mnt/boot
Thu Jan 1 00:00:21 1970 Using device.boot: /dev/mmcblk0p1 and FS: vfat
Thu Jan 1 00:00:21 1970 Preseed file found, will attempt to parse
Thu Jan 1 00:00:21 1970 Found a definition for storage: nfs
Thu Jan 1 00:00:21 1970 NFS installation chosen, must bring up network
Thu Jan 1 00:00:21 1970 Either network preseed definition incomplete, or user wants DHCP
Thu Jan 1 00:00:21 1970 Attempting to bring up eth0
Thu Jan 1 00:00:25 1970 Mounting root
Thu Jan 1 00:00:25 1970 Trying to mount to MNT_ROOT (/mnt/root
Thu Jan 1 00:00:25 1970 Using device.root: 192.168.192.8:/volume2/Infra/EU-RPI02
Thu Jan 1 00:00:25 1970 Assuming NFS mount.
Thu Jan 1 00:00:25 1970 Error occured trying to mount root of 192.168.192.8:/volume2/Infra/EU-RPI02
Thu Jan 1 00:00:25 1970 Halting Install. Error message was: can’t mount root

Tried both static IP / DHCP, device is pingable with DHCP
Going with the SD card install for now.

Sam,

Espectacular, Great, I installed it and I haven’t got any problem. It works very fine.

Thanks,

I’ve tried this coming fom Raspbmc to OSMC. No go.

I get two instances of the Pi: Recorder and Player. Selecting either of these send me to the Blu-ray player. This is clearly not correct.

I have also captured EDID file in Raspbmc and added that file to config.txt in OSMC. Makes no difference.

Turned everything off at power point. Started TV then the Pi - no go. Still comes up with Recorder and Player which sends me to the Blu-ray.

Ok, got it going after about 3hrs of unplugging, plugging back in and powering on and off the devices - shouldn’t really be this hard. Was much easier in Raspbmc.

I still get two instances of the Pi: Recorder and Player…bit frustrating but it’s working.

I’ve installed it on my raspberry PI model B.

OSMC works fine (except for transmission daemon)
CEC is working fine on philips TV on HDMI 1 input but i’ve found problems using other HTMI inputs (e.g: HDMI 2 or HDMI side)

Thanks

Just a quick note to say that I have just moved to OSMC. Have been running RaspBMC since the early days but decided to leave it stable around XBMC 12.
Recently bought RPI2 and decided to try OSMC on it.
Worked first time so pointed it at my MySQL and let it make a new set of databases. There was no sign of life but I could see things being written on the remote MySQL so I let it carry on … and a few minutes later a working system.
So I also put it on an older RPiB and worked fine there as well.
So this is now the default.

CEC working fine (2 Sony TVs).
Am using Confluence skin and I wonder when the family will notice differences.

Well done.

Start a clean thread for your issue please.

These announcment threads should not be used as a troubleshooting thread.

I am confused (easily?)

OSMC goes gold!
After a year of hard work, #OSMC, the free open source media center reaches its stable release! Please RT
GOAL
100 supporters on Feb 28th at 8:00pm
profile imageOSMC
@SamNazarko
Join this Thunderclap
66%
COMPLETED 22,630
REACH 12
DAYS LEFT

Ummm… stable release is a 1.00 isn’t it… not an Alpha 2 3 or 4? That message is on Wiki - OSMC and I think is misleading