OSMC and Hyperion

Try echo 0x10 > /sys/module/amvdec_h265/parameters/double_write_mode

The other thing it could be is BGR being passed when we expect it as RGB.

please absolutely…pls pls share if you get it to run. It probably would give me the courage to try as well

Hello,
is there something new?
Did you get it to work?
I will try it, when my Vero arrives with an Arduino over USB

I believe that it’s now working with hyperion-ng.

Sam

So, Vero 4K arrived today (yay!) and I was able to compile hyperion correctly thanks to this post and all the people involved in it (thank you all).

I have a 50 led stripe attached to an Arduino UNO (a config that came along from the old RPi 1 times and has passed to RPi 2 and RPi 3 and now to the Vero 4K)

But I’m missing out something in the config of hyperion-ng as I’m able to reproduce the initial effect and send static colors with hyperion-remote, but it doesn’t grab the things that Kodi is displaying.

KODICHECK INFO says that Kodi is connected, and take three errors: dispmanx, framebuffer and osx has been left from the build (as intended). I also tried with Internal Frame Grabber Enabled/Disabled

Anyone can help me one more time? Thanks in advance!

Ok, I managed to make it run with -DENABLE_FB=ON and now leds work only on Kodi menus, not in video playback…

Chaps – can we help this guy out?

CC @penfold42

Ok, the problem comes with the compilation process. It seems that compile on the Vero 4K is not possible at the moment. I’m always getting an error. I’ll try the cross-compile on a Raspberry and try make && make package from what nrosier said on Mar 30

What’s the error? It should compile without issue. If you compile it on a Pi, it won’t work on the Vero 4K.

c++: internal compiler error: Killed (program cc1plus)
Please submit a full bug report,
with preprocessed source if appropriate.
See <file:///usr/share/doc/gcc-4.9/README.Bugs> for instructions.
dependencies/external/protobuf/src/CMakeFiles/protobuf.dir/build.make:445: recipe for target ‘dependencies/external/protobuf/src/CMakeFiles/protobuf.dir/google/protobuf/descriptor.cc.o’ failed
make[2]: *** [dependencies/external/protobuf/src/CMakeFiles/protobuf.dir/google/protobuf/descriptor.cc.o] Error 4
CMakeFiles/Makefile2:248: recipe for target ‘dependencies/external/protobuf/src/CMakeFiles/protobuf.dir/all’ failed
make[1]: *** [dependencies/external/protobuf/src/CMakeFiles/protobuf.dir/all] Error 2
make[1]: *** Waiting for unfinished jobs…
test/CMakeFiles/test_ImageRgb.dir/build.make:54: recipe for target ‘test/CMakeFiles/test_ImageRgb.dir/TestRgbImage.cpp.o’ failed
make[2]: *** [test/CMakeFiles/test_ImageRgb.dir/TestRgbImage.cpp.o] Error 4
CMakeFiles/Makefile2:1547: recipe for target ‘test/CMakeFiles/test_ImageRgb.dir/all’ failed
make[1]: *** [test/CMakeFiles/test_ImageRgb.dir/all] Error 2
libsrc/blackborder/CMakeFiles/blackborder.dir/build.make:77: recipe for target ‘libsrc/blackborder/CMakeFiles/blackborder.dir/BlackBorderProcessor.cpp.o’ failed
make[2]: *** [libsrc/blackborder/CMakeFiles/blackborder.dir/BlackBorderProcessor.cpp.o] Error 4
CMakeFiles/Makefile2:562: recipe for target ‘libsrc/blackborder/CMakeFiles/blackborder.dir/all’ failed
make[1]: *** [libsrc/blackborder/CMakeFiles/blackborder.dir/all] Error 2
libsrc/leddevice/CMakeFiles/leddevice.dir/build.make:429: recipe for target ‘libsrc/leddevice/CMakeFiles/leddevice.dir/LedDeviceAtmoOrb.cpp.o’ failed
make[2]: *** [libsrc/leddevice/CMakeFiles/leddevice.dir/LedDeviceAtmoOrb.cpp.o] Error 4
make[2]: *** Waiting for unfinished jobs…
libsrc/leddevice/CMakeFiles/leddevice.dir/build.make:268: recipe for target ‘libsrc/leddevice/CMakeFiles/leddevice.dir/moc_LedDeviceRawHID.cpp.o’ failed
make[2]: *** [libsrc/leddevice/CMakeFiles/leddevice.dir/moc_LedDeviceRawHID.cpp.o] Error 4
libsrc/leddevice/CMakeFiles/leddevice.dir/build.make:199: recipe for target ‘libsrc/leddevice/CMakeFiles/leddevice.dir/moc_LedDeviceAtmoOrb.cpp.o’ failed
make[2]: *** [libsrc/leddevice/CMakeFiles/leddevice.dir/moc_LedDeviceAtmoOrb.cpp.o] Error 4
libsrc/leddevice/CMakeFiles/leddevice.dir/build.make:360: recipe for target ‘libsrc/leddevice/CMakeFiles/leddevice.dir/ProviderRs232.cpp.o’ failed
make[2]: *** [libsrc/leddevice/CMakeFiles/leddevice.dir/ProviderRs232.cpp.o] Error 4
libsrc/leddevice/CMakeFiles/leddevice.dir/build.make:314: recipe for target ‘libsrc/leddevice/CMakeFiles/leddevice.dir/LedDevice.cpp.o’ failed
make[2]: *** [libsrc/leddevice/CMakeFiles/leddevice.dir/LedDevice.cpp.o] Error 4
CMakeFiles/Makefile2:884: recipe for target ‘libsrc/leddevice/CMakeFiles/leddevice.dir/all’ failed
make[1]: *** [libsrc/leddevice/CMakeFiles/leddevice.dir/all] Error 2
Makefile:137: recipe for target ‘all’ failed
make: *** [all] Error 2

Followed the instructions posted on https://github.com/hyperion-project/hyperion.ng/blob/master/CompileHowto.md but forcing these flags:

cmake -DPLATFORM=amlogic -DENABLE_AMLOGIC=ON -DENABLE_DISPMANX=OFF -DENABLE_FB=OFF -DENABLE_OSX=OFF -DENABLE_SPIDEV=OFF -DENABLE_TINKERFORGE=OFF -DENABLE_V4L2=ON -DENABLE_WS281XPWM=OFF -DENABLE_X11=OFF -DENABLE_TESTS=ON -DENABLE_PROFILER=OFF -DCMAKE_BUILD_TYPE=Release …

UPDATE: I run make again and resumed from where it broke last time. Had to uninstall mesa and reinstall qt5 packages and now get this:

:~$ hyperiond hyperion.config.json
[root].general: missing member
[hyperiond MAIN] Hyperion Daemon aborted:
ERROR: Json validation failed
[hyperiond MAIN] Hyperion aborted:
Hyperion::getInstance used without call of Hyperion::initInstance before

UPDATE 2: I’m making some advances. At least i’m able to compile again. All of this faults came from the make’s -j $(nproc) parameter: if forced to compile with more than one core, make eventually crashed (tested compiling in the RPi and the Vero). So single core did the trick here. Tomorrow i’ll continue posting further advances.

Definitely was the make parameter “-j”. It must be compiled on single core. Here is the cmake that I used in case it helps other users:

cmake -DPLATFORM=amlogic64 -DENABLE_AMLOGIC=ON -DENABLE_DISPMANX=OFF -DENABLE_FB=ON -DENABLE_OSX=OFF -DENABLE_SPIDEV=OFF -DENABLE_TINKERFORGE=OFF -DENABLE_V4L2=ON -DENABLE_WS281XPWM=OFF -DENABLE_X11=OFF -DENABLE_TESTS=ON -DENABLE_PROFILER=OFF -DCMAKE_BUILD_TYPE=Release …

Then hyperiond must be run by sudo, as it has to access amlogic framegrabber

That’s all for now, the hard part comes now as hyperion.conf.json is way different as the old one. Here is a useful link about led positioning:

https://cloud.githubusercontent.com/assets/15967679/20411830/8888be54-ad23-11e6-87fa-43a60ee43dff.jpg

You shouldn’t need to hand edit the config file.

There’s a web server on port 8099 that lets you configure all the layout options.

If you have something special in an old config file, the led layout is the same so you could just copy that section.

Re: the compile crashes - this is almost certainly out of memory issues.
Either add some swap space or simply restart the compilation. Using -j 1 will limit the build to use only one CPU which will reduce peak memory usage

I can’t find any web server (as many of other things), maybe I left it uncompiled. Is the ENABLE_PROFILER that option? In that case I left deliberately off without knowing.

Next time I’ll make package instead of make install, I noticed a big lack of things (webserver, test executables, effects and so on).

And I finally hand edited the config file but copying large portions of my old config, so it was somewhat quick.

Weird - Hyperion.ng has it built in and there’s no cmake option to disable it.

If you run
hyperiond /tmp/newfile
It should start, create the file with defaults and launch the inbuilt web server on port 8099

If needed I can upload a compiled version of hyperion.ng. I’m still using the classic version as a couple of months ago the ng-branch was a bit too unstable for me. Need to test it once again.

@penfold42: that did the trick and I’m able to access webconfig interface, thanks a lot!!

@nrosier: For now it’s compiled and configured (but not functionally 100% as my old setup) it could be of help, thank you!

P.S.: for classic you mean hyperion and not hyperion-ng? that little guy runs on vero?

Hi there! The classic does run ok on menus, but not on video playback.

The ng is buggy as the one I’ve compiled :smile:

So ahead another afternoon of testing :joy:

classic works fine for me. what video are you trying to play? hevc doesn’t work unless you do this first:

echo 1 > /sys/module/amvdec_h265/parameters/double_write_mode

Otherwise it’s a configuration error.

Nope, all my videos are H264