OSMC and ps3 controller, how to install?

I feel your pain. Been struggling for hours to get it working.
I think you also need to make the script file executable.

sudo chmod +x /usr/bin/scripts/bts.sh

I think I’m almost there - controller is being detected but its not working in Kodi or libretro

[ 424.248154] input: Sony Computer Entertainment Wireless Controller as /devices/platform/soc/3f980000.usb/usb1/1-1/1-1.4/1-1.4:1.0/bluetooth/hci0/hci0:34/0005:054C:0268.0001/input/input0

[ 424.248786] sony 0005:054C:0268.0001: input,hidraw0: BLUETOOTH HID v1.00 Joystick [Sony Computer Entertainment Wireless Controller] on 00:15:83:15:a3:10

Hello everyone.
I have a dual boot (noobs) with osmc 16.1 Jarvis + recalbox.
The problem is that in recalbox the control of ps3 sixaxis works perfectly, but in osmc I can not.
After installing sixad and pairing the ps3 control, it works perfectly on the command line. But when you start kodi and press the ps button on the remote, for some reason it does not link to the dongle. When looking at the led of the dongle it seems that it wants to bind, but it does not.
It is as if kodi rejected the bluetooth connection with the dongle. The funny thing is that the command line works perfectly.
I have already created the keymap.xml file in userdata / keymaps.
At the moment, I am blocked and I do not know how to follow.
Any ideas?
Thanks in advance and sorry for my bad english.

All - I posted an updated guide for a complete install and getting the PS3 controller working with OSMC, Moonlight, and Kodi.

Hoepfully anyone still having issues can refer to this. As a side note - I am also Si2rp from above, so the guide is based on my previous work. Didn’t want to create an actual account as I figured it would be a 1 time post kind of thing.

I finally got it !!

In addition to what Benno posted, this is what I did:

No script to boot sixad on boot worked. Neither btstart, nor bts.service. Indicated startup error or did not work.
Finally, I solved it by adding these lines in the file /etc/rc.local just before the line “exit 0”. It would look like this:

sudo hciconfig hci0 up # these two first lines already had them
sudo hciconfig hci0 pscan # but did not link to the dongle in kodi.
sudo sixad -s # this is the new line I added.
exit 0

Now it starts sixad after putting the dongle in pscan and pressing the button ps inside kodi is perfectly linked.
I hope this method will help someone. Although I think depending on the kodi version, a different method will be used.

Greetings from Spain.

How come it’s that hard to make it work? On RetroPie, I would just do like a normal PS3 controller on a PS3. I plug in the USB, press the PS button, it connects and then, I can use it wirelessly

How to start PS3 controller on boot RP3vB+OSMC+Kodi v16:

Waddup y’all. This is my first post so bare with me. After doing:

and

I got the controller connected through bluethooth and I can control Kodi. It’s wonky as hell but it works. By typing the ‘who -r’ command I can see that the system is in runlevel 5. So everything works fine on runlevel 5. It still won’t start on boot though. So I tried the script from Si2rp and it didn’t work for me. Then I tried to edit the rc.local file like Davidmval and rc.local.service failed to start due to “Compatibility” when any code is added to /etc/rc.local. Long story short my guess is that hciconfig and sixad are trying to start before their dependancies are up and running (bluetooth module…etc). So I made a simple script that makes simple script and sets the second simple script to be ran at the end of runlevel 5. Y’all follow me? Good. So check it:

touch /etc/init.d/PS3Pi.sh
echo ‘#! /bin/sh’ > /etc/init.d/PS3Pi.sh
echo ‘’ > /etc/init.d/PS3Pi.sh
echo ‘hciconfig hci0 up’ > /etc/init.d/PS3Pi.sh
echo ‘hciconfig hci0 pscan’ > /etc/init.d/PS3Pi.sh
echo ‘sixad -s &’ > /etc/init.d/PS3Pi.sh
chmod +x /etc/init.d/PS3Pi.sh
sudo ln -s /etc/init.d/PS3Pi.sh /etc/rc5.d/S04PS3Pi.sh

S04 is the last script to be ran in runlevel 5 on my system, change yours if you must.

reboot

after reboot press the PS button on your controller and watch the LEDs do the “Night Rider”. You should be good to go from there.

to double check your work:
sudo systemctl | less
scroll around and look for:
red) * bluetooth.service loaded failed failed Bluetooth service
green) brcm43xx.service loaded active running Broadcom 43xx bluetooth HCI
and:
green) PS3Pi.service loaded active running (null)

Bigups to Si2rp Davidmval Theetjuh newbiecrd.
If I F’D up anywhere in this post please call me out on it. And be brutal about it too :imp:
I hope this helped some poor bastard get some sleep. Laterz yall. Peace out. -HacKR10T:sunglasses:

Does the ps3 controller need all these steps in krypton now seeing it has joystick support. Is it a matter of plug and play?