OSMC Animations

Hello everyone!
Here’s the animations I made for OSMC:

Simple version:
OSMC Animation 1A (8sec)

OSMC Animation 1B (8sec)

Bubbles version:
OSMC Animation 2A (10sec)

OSMC Animation 2B (10sec) (Default OSMC Animation)

I’ll probably make more animations so people can customize the OSMC intro further.
Enjoy!

7 Likes

Thanks for taking the time to do these.
I’m definitely looking at adding an animated splash screen in a near future update; but I’ll defer to the community for feedback about what they like.

Sam

I think they look cool, especially the last two.

Both Bubbles :osmc: versions looks great,well done

I confirm. I like the Bubbles animations :slight_smile:

I’m probably in the minority, here, but personally I like everything to happen as quickly as possible, and to have the smallest number of visual distractions one can possibly have. Obviously I have no difficulty with other people using it differently :slight_smile: but I’d ideally like the option to switch off every animation and transition completely, and boot at maximum speed.

5 Likes

1A or 1B for me. I’m not a massive fan of the bubbles.

3 Likes

Me too. The bubbles look like OSMC is boiling away.

I like the bubbles, the background color 1B+2B. If the bubbles could be replaced by something looking more like smoke one could think the OSMC sign is just burned by a laser … ok, I know, too much imaginativeness.

I agree… Or like it’s somehow related to O2 :see_no_evil:

From the OSMC skin standpoint, I’d prefer backgrounds 1B and 2B as well. :+1:t2:

Well, I rather see the bubbles be the resulte of the laser cutting the logo in :slight_smile:

All ideas are welcome for next animations!
I went with bubbles because water/ocean is part of the OSMC branding, so that was the first choice.
But I really like the laser-cutting and smoke ideas :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

I’ve downloaded the animations, they look excellent in 4k…any idea how I can make one play at startup?

This is something we’d add in to OSMC via an update.

Sam

Ok Sam.
Looking forward to it.

Another +1 for the first two, I agree with @angry.sardine :+1:t2:

2 Likes

I’d like them if they had sound. Like your LibreElec ones. But all of the :osmc: animations are great!

Nice work! I like the first two better only animation should be faster, max 3-4 sec. Sound would be great also. Something memorable like Netflix tadaaaaaaaam :smiley:

Thanks!
Yeah I can add sound, I just need to find/make a cool sound FX that goes well with it, so we’ll see.
Anyways I’m going to upload a few more animations soon, this time with sound :wink:

this one