OSMC announces its stable release!

Well done and congratulations on marking the beginning of a new era for OSMC.

On a sidenote, I highly doubt this has anything to do with this update, but the following scenario has occured to me:

Before the update
I was running OSMC RC3 along with Netatalk, sharing an external HDD over AFP. This allowed me to use the hard drive as a Time Machine backup for my macbook (completed the first initial full backup), saving everything to an HFS+ journaled partition

Furthermore, I also had another HFS+ journaled partition for file sharing to my macbook over AFP. This allowed me to download content on my macbook, and then put it on the HDD when connecting. I was able to create new folders et al.

After the update
As I mentioned, I highly doubt this has anything to do with the final update. But I noticed that while completing the install, a few tasks where halting the rebooting. This had to do with unmounting the drive. I also noticed it wouldn’t reboot but rather shutdown. So after 10 minutes of waiting after the final job had finished, I decided to pull the power cable and plug it back in. Now every time I unmount & mount the drive, it appears as read-only.

I’ve tested multiple scenario’s, involving commenting my mounting lines in /etc/fstab and manually mounting through the mount command. Nothing has worked so far. Any suggestions?

Please create an appropriately titled thread and provide as much detail/logs as possible so that this can be addressed properly. Release thread is really not the place for detailed support.

Thanks

I’m considering a ‘Time Machine’ app which uses AFP, but am not sure if there’s enough demand for it yet, especially as most of our users have SD cards with limited space.

Potentially due to changes in systemd.

run fsck on the device (likely /dev/sda).

Sam

Kickass! Thanks for all your hard work. Updated this evening and it’s working like a charm so far.

Thanks for the hard work!
OSMC is now Stable so… let’s celebrate! :tada: :tada: :tada:

Sam, I would focus primarily on the main goal of the Vero/OSMC: a mediacenter. Other things that aim to use OSMC as a server/computer only distract from its main use and should not be prioritized.
Priority should be stability, DVD playback, bluetooth connectivity and the new Kodi release.

1 Like

I agree, or maybe set up a poll or something to see what the priority, i really only care about the mediacenter part tbh.

hi same is this available for rpi 2, as tried a update but said no update available,thanks Phil.

Hi Congratulations on the update!!

However after the update i cannot access my devices via the Samba share any ideas

Thanks in advance

Hi,

Please start a new thread in the Help and Support section with as much detail as possible about the problem, including debug logs:

Very well done and thanks yet again for your excellent work!
:smile:

i’ve a problem… my omc is still in alpha release. and the update is unsupported OSMC Alpha release

You will need to install a new version (RC1 or later), although you may as well install the stable build.

Sam

there aren’t other solution??

Unfortunately not, the alphas are extremely old builds

Sam

Just My Feedback.
I have been using RC1 on RPi2 since it came out. Love it.
Have been waiting for full release. Tried it out yesterday.
Unfortunately it didn’t run well so I fell back on RC1 which runs almost flawlessly.
More info: I am running Bello Skin, but Bello runs perfectly on RC1 so I can’t see why it wouldn’t on the new build.

That’s all. Thanks for all the great work.

“Didn’t run so well” doesn’t tell us anything useful I’m afraid - can you please start a new thread describing the exact problems that you experienced when trying to use that Skin with the final release ?

As dbmandrake says, you’ve really given us no useful info here but, I easily found this quote from the bello forum at
http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=219378

Important: All Kodi 15.x changes are already included and this skin won’t work on Helix anymore (since v.4.1.7).

Not sure why it would work on RC1 and not final but… Could be something as simple as some mis-configuration on your system. Regardless of any of these things above, if the issues you are experiencing (whatever they are) are only present while using Bello, then this is 100% a problem with the skin, not an issue with OSMC. If you have more info to provide and wish to discuss further, please open a new thread so as not to continue cluttering the release announcement.

Thanks!

Sorry I didn’t provide more details. I just made the post as a heads up. I didn’t see anyone else post about issues with Bello so I thought i might be the only one. I am sure it is just the skin that is at issue. I tried running Kodi on Raspbian and had the same issues so surely skin related. Thanks for the feedback guys.
If you’re interested please try the skin yourselves and if you find that it is unsupported maybe consider removing it from skin addon choices or marking it as incompatible.
I hope that’s helpful.
OSMC Really is a great piece of kit.

Thank you

Great job!
But we’re always waiting for the Apple TV 1 release.
Thanks again.