OSMC boot screen

im running OSMC on a raspberry pi 3 on my tv with a resolution of 1366 x 768
but each time at boot up the boot splash gets distorted (horizantal lines) and i dont know how to fix the problem

any help would be much apprecitated.

Could you explain a bit further? Is the issue only during the splash screen or after Kodi boots as well? Are you having an issue with the resolution resetting after a reboot? Posting a log would probably be helpful here.

To get a better understanding of the problem you are experiencing we need more information from you. The best way to get this information is for you to upload logs that demonstrate your problem. You can learn more about how to submit a useful support request here.

Depending on the used skin you have to set the settings-level to standard or higher, in summary:

• enable debug logging at settings->system->logging

• reboot the OSMC device

• reproduce the issue

• upload the log set either using the Log Uploader method within the My OSMC menu in the GUI or the ssh method invoking command grab-logs -A

• publish the provided URL from the log set upload, here

Thanks for your understanding. We hope that we can help you get up and running again shortly.

OSMC skin screenshot:

its only the splash screen that is distorted everything else works fine after boot up at that resolution.

log:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1cdPApXlybNBchC8P9U25x4i5lxqa9jPm/view?usp=sharing

That is not a proper log upload so it is missing what I wanted to see but your solution is probably to open the MyOSMC add-on, open the PiConfig section, and under display set…

hdmi_group>DMT
hdmi_mode>81

If that doesn’t work you might try

hdmi_group>CEA
hdmi_mode>16

I used this thread to change my Vero 4K+ splash screen. I initially tried a 1080p one, but it looked horrible. Mine displays at 720p so I resized it and it looks much better. There isn’t a lot of image processing at this point I guess.

On that note, does OSMC have a collection of images that you could share for splash screens? I can’t remember where I found mine, but it is a nice blue gradient with OSMC on it.

The OP’s issue I believe is that the resolution the Pi was using during boot is not correct for his display and that causes the splash image to distort. What I posted above forces the boot resolution to a specific value.

This is completely unrelated to the splash image itself. The blue gradient with the OSMC logo sounds like the current one that is there by default. It can be changed as outlined in that thread but it may be overwritten by an update at some point. I am not aware of any images that are available but you can use this one I made for myself if you want (I did not test this for splash usage though).

You’re right. It reminded me of my issue swapping splash screens and was beyond the original question. But forcing a resolution has me interested. Can you give me values for 1080p?

Here is the one I am using in 1080 and 720. Guess it geometric, not a gradient. I use it as the background for the Power selection since it doesn’t make sense to use TV or movie backgrounds and looks better than leaving it blank.

The values are listed in the Raspberry Pi documentation. What works depends on your display. The CEA 16 setting is the standard 1080p output. Note that this only controls the resolution during boot (literally the first few seconds) and is independent of what happens once Debian and Kodi loads.

although the blue is nice, i would like a black splash screen.
with maybe a mute gray osmc logo.

this could be used much better at night

thanks

how about, this

Using previusly posted example, and just running a quicksilver effect in “photo editor” in Windows 10 and saved. Enjoy.

Ps. Sorry @sam_nazarko for not following brand design specs.

installed it last night.

It looks awesome!

Many thanks

I also did a quick translation with the ‘splash_sad.png’ file.

I’ve also noticed that if I turn on the wait for network setting (WiFi) it sits and wait for a while (few seconds) on a blank screen instead of the splash screen