OSMC DVB-T2 dongle reports itself as DVB-T

Very soon. The fix was not included in the December update for obvious reasons.

Sam

@sam_nazarko
Hi Sam,
How is the work on the DVB-T2 adapter support for the Vero4K coming along?
I think I indicated somewhere that i would be happy to try out the test version, but donā€™t seem to find that post now. :slightly_frowning_face:

Would be good to get the local HD channels working here.
Regards,
R.

Hi Sam,

I am in the same boat regarding this dongle. Just purchased last week for my Vero 4K and cannot get any HD channels on it, Lots of Fails reported when scanning the UK Angus Muxes with TVHeadend.

I trust there will be a fix for this soon as the dongle is advertised as T2? If it is not fit for purpose could I return for a refund? I would prefer if you just issued a fix asap if possible.

Is there anything else you would suggest like updating the dongle firmware as described earlier in this thread?

Would appreciate some response on this. Keep up the good work. Everything else on the Vero and OSMC is great.

Cheers,

Al.

Support is finalised. Iā€™ll send both of you a test build tomorrow or Friday.

It should be noted however that if youā€™re getting problems scanning muxes, that wonā€™t be fixed by this update. It sounds like a potential signal problem and Iā€™d recommend resolving that before trying any improvements

Sam

Hi Sam,

as mentioned please sent me the test build as well, while I was already checking the repo for a potential 4.14 kernel.

Andreas

Thanks Sam.

Thanks Sam,

Looking forward to getting the test build.

As regards the signal issue, I did successfully get quite a few SD channels and they are up and working on the Vero4K with TVHeadend Server and Client running.

Some of the EPGā€™s are mixed up (probably down to me being new to TVHeadend and itā€™s configuration options) but SDā€™s with the official OSMC tuner work.

Hopefully HD soon.

Cheers,

Al.

Hi Sam,

any news regarding the announced test build? Would be great if I could give it a trial when visiting my parents on Sunday. They got the Vero 4K including dongle already in December, but still canā€™t use it to replace the existing DVB-T2 box.

Thx again,
Andreas

I will send you the test build information. Iā€™m slightly worried about you deploying this now however as it incorporates other improvements and may not be stable.

No problem with an early drop, while I already thought about backporting the Panasonic driver to the 3.x kernel beginning of the year myself.

/Andreas

Just to chime in: Iā€™ll order mine as soon as Andreas confirmed it works reliably for him :grin:

Hi Sam,

Did a new test build go out to anybody yet?

Cheers,

Al.

Hi Sam,
I just received the vero 4k with dvb-t2 Dongle today from osmc. Thanks for the fast delivery.
But now Iā€™m not able to use the advertised dvb-t2-function in tvheadend. The stick is recognized as ā€œRealtek RTL2832 (DVB-T) #0 : DVB-T #0ā€. I already updated the vero4k but HD channels (Germany) still donā€™t work.
What can I do?
Do I have to cancel my order or is there a working solution?
Best
Paul

There will be a working solution imminently, but you can return this within the 14 day return period if youā€™d like.

Sam

Hi Sam,

while I recently saw some posts around the MN88473 driver on Github - any hints on how to start testing this?

Thx
Andreas

Good question: Iā€™m going to put up a test post in an hour or so when build finishes

Sam

1 Like

@grahamh @sam_nazarko
Vero 4K
After installing the test kernel from:

I now have DVB-T/T2 working satisfactorily.
All local HD Channels are now received.

uname -a
Linux osmc-frederick 3.14.29-59-osmc #1 SMP Sun Mar 4 05:08:41 UTC 2018 aarch64 GNU/Linux

This is the second of the listed test options.

Thanks ā€” this is now included in the standard release

Just to make sure: ā€œnowā€ already includes the March release which contains kernel 3.14.29-61-osmc?

Thanks

@sam_nazarko

:disappointed:
Sadly having applied the March update the DVB-T/T2 dongle is no longer recognized.
I assume this is because the update includes the 3.14.29-62 kernel rather than the 3.14.29-59 one that I had success with.

At this point I am going to cut my losses and stick with Freesat reception.

Thanks for all the assistance that you have given, but I donā€™t think its worth my pursuing this further.