OSMC DVB-T2 dongle reports itself as DVB-T

Is the test kernel meant to do further testing on IR (in addition to your own) or DVB-T2 dongle testing? Just to let the guys (like @AndreasK) know. I can’t test IR myself and I don’t yet have the OSMC dongle…

IR works with this kernel.
DVB-T2 should work too

I will give it another try tomorrow. Can I expect now also the issue with loading the MM88473 driver to be fixed, as reported in [TESTING] DVB improvements for Vero 4K - #33 by sam_nazarko?

Thx
Andreas

The MN88473 demodulator module should load without any manual modprobing.

Sam

Hi Sam,

unfortunately it still doesn’t work with the new kernel provided, but it is the same behavior as before with the -62 kernel. “lsmod”, “syslog” and “w_scan” indicate that the stick has been fully initialized and firmware successfully loaded. But with a “w_scan -f t -c DE” (different to plugging the stick into a Ubuntu box) it still doesn’t find any muxes.

Still confusing to me is that “usb-devices” does not indicate a driver to be loaded for the MM88473, but only for the Realtek chip. Hence I’m wondering if it gets properly loaded or if this is a bug in the tool itself?

/Andreas

Did you stop TVHeadend before scanning?

Yes, I did this beforehand. As long as tvheadend service is active, w_scan can’t even attach to the stick and thus fails already during startup.

/Andreas

Hi!

My OSMC DVB-T2 dongle arrived today but I’m experiencing the same issue as described above - i.e. no DVB-T2 (HEVC) channels are found and I see only Realtek adapter and no Panasonic entries.

Do I understand it correctly that there’s no fix yet (i.e. DVB-T2 dongle is useless for DVB-T2 at this point) or have I missed something mentioned above in this thread?

Correct, if you are using the Vero4k. DVB-T2 stick works fine on the Pi.

Time for an update: Sam reported that the OSMC stick shoud finally fully support DVB-T2 now. @AndreasK, would you be willing to test it again? I’m really eager to buy mine but I’d really like to see this confirmed by you first.

Cheers

I think @JimKnopf has it working now

I got German DVB-T2 to work, ad-hoc Infos here. I think we need some good HowTo in future and perhaps also in German language in addition.