OSMC Freezing Missing Banners Thumbnails unresponsive UI current + Krypton versions RPi1 2 3

Great! When this build will be available through the update channel?

Keep your eyes peeled, I will let you know when some tests are ready. Probably ready for tomorrow morning.

@sam_nazarko @popcornmix Hi the pre release June build you posted (details below) seems to work and exhibits none of the issues we were experiencing.

This is on the Rpi1 we have been using throughout the testing in this thread.

Initially this rpi1 was built using the known good March build before the April issues. I ff you have been following this thread it has been denied any system updates and various mediacenter builds have been tested. Following your install guide this rpi1 is now running the latest released OSMC rpi1 code.

Firstly I cleaned out apt with
sudo apt-get clean
sudo apt-get autoclean
sudo apt-get autoremove

Then fully updated this pi to the latest OSMC code

sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get dist-upgrade
sudo reboot now

Then edited sources.list:

sudo nano /etc/apt/sources.list

and commented out
deb http://apt.osmc.tv jessie main
inserted
deb http://apt.osmc.tv jessie-devel main

Then another update round
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get dist-upgrade
sudo reboot now

which installed the development pre release June mediacenter update

Then re-edited sources.list to ensure we are using the release code
deb http://apt.osmc.tv jessie main
Then another update
sudo apt-get update
sudo reboot now (for good measure)

I am now running an upto date OSMC rpi1 that has the pre-release Jun update.

Cheers
Spart

1 Like

Thatā€™s good to hear

Looks like we have got to the bottom of the problem. Thank you very much for testing and patience. There are a lot of users that will benefit from this

Are you able to crash the May build of Jarvis on Pi 3?

Sam

1 Like

Iā€™ve been passively following this thread (and previous, related threads) since I started having issues with the UI, and I just wanted to thank the OSMC development team and the OSMC users/testers for taking the time to troubleshoot this.

As a SW Dev myself, I wish I had the time over the last month to contribute in some way, but moving apartments took up a lot of bandwidth.

Anyways, looking forward to the next update of the best media center around :smiley:

Hi @sam_nazarko @popcornmix,

Apologies I have only just got time to reflash a Pi3 and build using latest release code. I will test overnight and report back to this thread.

Cheers
Spart

@sam_nazarko @popcornmix The Pi3 that I built yesterday with the latest release code works fine and does not exhibit any of the issues.

This Pi3 was built using OSMC_TGT_rbp2_20160502.img.gz from the installer. Then updated and dist-upgraded.

Cheers
Spart

Thanks. That is interesting information.

I had issues with Pi3 and freezeing with may release. But I was using stage

Is this issue fixed with the (pre) June release?

It is still testing and working through a playlist. I will keep it running today and see if the any of the issues surface.

Cheers
Spart

Yes. No more freezing after removing that commit. At least so far.

@sam_nazarko @popcornmix The Pi3 continues to run fine with none of the issues.

Cheers
Spart

This is good news. It looks like the issue is largely solved, based on the feedback we have also had in the PM where users have been testing the new update in advance.

Iā€™m going to close this thread so if we get another user experiencing freezes this thread doesnā€™t get necromanced.

Thank you very much for the testing and for working with us. Itā€™s very much appreciated

Cheers

Sam

2 Likes