OSMC on Raspberry PI. Won't start IPTV streams

Hi,

I’ve now got a workaround that should let people watch most IPTV packages without any problems.

1. Login via the command line
  2. Edit the file /etc/apt/sources.list
  3. Add the following line: deb http://apt.osmc.tv jessie-devel main
  4. Run the following commands to update: sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get dist-upgrade && reboot
  5. Your system should have have received the update.

Please see if the issue is resolved.

I also recommend you edit /etc/apt/sources.list again and remove the line that you added after updating. This will return you to the normal update channel.

If this solution stops working, let me know. It’s possible for us to change the user agent in the future or even pick one from a selection at random. This would make it very difficult to block as if they were to do so they’d be blocking other popular platforms, i.e. Windows as well.

Sam

1 Like

Hi Sam,

I updated OSMC following your instructions today but the IPTV channels will still not load.
It works on windows/kodi.

Do you have any suggestion for a solution/workaround for this problem?

No sorry – it depends on the provider you are using. I believe my fix only works for RapidIPTV and a few other providers.

I would need to see logs.

Hi Guys,

I Do have same problem after update OSMC player to 19.1 PVR Player wont load and still Kogs spinning on %0

Someone to face with this issue on Kodi 19.1 a new version which is updated 2 days ago. |

Thanks.

Shahin

This thread is 4 years old. Please don’t resurrect long dead threads. If you are experiencing an issue that doesn’t match any reasonably current threads, you should open a new thread with a relevant title and useful diagnostic info.