OSMC Release Candidate 3 lands

A few things I have noticed using the latest RC3 with updates.

1. On top level menus (Movies, Settings) that display options on the right. You don’t seem to be able to cycle through the list. In other words, when your at the top of the sub menu (example: settings - at the top of the submenu with “appearance” at the top), you can’t press up to jump to the bottom. I don’t know if this is by design or not but it seems a bit counter intuitive as you can when browsing movies or even on the top level menu itself.

2. Aswell as this, it doesn’t seem to remember menu positions. For example, I go on settings on the sub list select Add-ons. When I come out of Add-ons it takes me back to the top of the list which is Appearance. Again, seems counter intuitive to me

3. The system doesn’t seem to check for updates whilst it is on the user / profile selection screen. This might be specific to a few very small use cases but I thought i would mention it anyway. I use a plugin that logs out the current user after a certain period of time so 90% of the time its sat at the login screen. This means when I do login, even though OSMC has been idle it hasn’t checked for an update so I have to do this manually. Not a biggie though.

4. For some reason when booting / rebooting, on the OSMC splash screen I get all the boot up text appear over the top. I can’t seem to find an obvious way to disable this to just show the OSMC splash screen. Can’t remember when this started happening.

5. Still the issue on a fresh install where the time zone is not set when the language is set. Could this either be set to the deafult for the selected language or have an option to choose the time zone? Agree with mimo in this post here Set Timezone Country Based on Install Laungage - #7 by mimo

I still having an issue with the Panasonic TV remote and CEC. Still getting lots of double clicks every now and then but this is something i need to look in to more. Might just be a dodgy tv remote.