OSMC Release Candidate 3 lands

Using raspberry 2 and upgraded successfully to release 3 with all working fine. Got a message saying yet another update available but when I tried to update all went wrong when it went to reboot. Now sitting with a screen flashing on and off with unhappy faces. Cannot find a way to recover anything.

Hi,

I have RC2 installed, but it seems I do not get the update, even if I start the OSMC settings and select manual update.

Besides, what is a safe way to tell which version I am running? On the System settings, it only says that my build is from April 9 2015.

I have only seen by chance that a newer vertsion is available, I run OSMC every day, and set automatic update check to daily, shouldn’t I already have that update automatically? To me it appears that even after you trigger a manual update, it can take several seconds up to minutes untilo anything happens. How can one tell if the updater has finished?

Do you have a Pi 1 or Pi 2 ? Scheduled updates was broken in RC3 so you will have to manually choose to “scan for updates now”.

Yes it can take a long time on a slow device like a Pi 1 - several minutes, so you’ll need to be patient. Alternatively you can do this from ssh:

sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get dist-upgrade
reboot