OSMC Release Candidate

I think if you update manually from My OSMC you will also get Raspbian/Debian (?).

Edit: Also, I believe that My OSMC addon was updated yesterday.

I have still the problem with my Raspberry model B for opening a large database of movies? When i added them (3 different locations), one by one everytime it was possible to view the overview. But when the 3th was added (the largest locations). i can’t see the overview he keep stucked. But i can see everything if i search on year or genre.

Thanks

Okay so I finally found out a way to reproduce this with a reasonable chance of it happening. If you got to the MYOSMC app and run a manual update, if it starts to download updates as shown by the notification in the bottom left, browsing to the networking app shows all the options (wired, wireless, Bluetooth) and then returns to just being wired.

If you have a check for new updates or an install of new updates happening in the background then the OSMC settings addon may become slow or unresponsive for periods of time until the update process is complete - this is a known limitation.

This may cause the user interface of the network settings screen to temporarily show incorrect details (such as wireless/bluetooth pages when you don’t actually have wireless/bluetooth) so if this is what you are seeing then I would not worry about it - we are aware of this.

1 Like

Thanks for your work. I still have the problem, that live TV (with my Sundtek DVB-C stick) is not working on RC (in contrast to Alpha4 before updates): tvheadend seems broken.
See https://discourse.osmc.tv/t/tvheadend-broken-after-upgrade/1394/11 .

Lutz

Hi,

I installed RC and impossible to connect the wifi. I took my key, but it remains on “research” ???

Hi

I really like the OSMC look and new functions

One small bug i noticed - ‘recommended episodes’ on TV Shows shows wrong episode name ie. the episode name is for next recommended item
Name of TV show, episode number are ok, just the name

Hi,
I am experiencing a playback issue with video files. I am using a RPi2 Model B, with the RC version.
Every time I skip back 7 seconds ( ’ key, the left arrow key does it too) the audio will begin playing and work just fine, but the video will lag behind and then a couple seconds later the video will play very quickly (something like 3-4x normal speed) and all the sudden to catch up with the audio.

I can record a video of this if need be.
Thanks.

I have seen this, do you use NFS?
If so, mounted through OS or just through Kodi?

Can you confirm if this happens (or not) through other protocol (NFS/SMB etc.) or locally (from SD card or HDD)?

I am playing videos from a ext. hard drive connected directly to the RPi. Sorry, I don’t have the network capabilities to confirm this problem via network protocol.

I have a problem when I run my RPI, he asks me that my hard drive is connected, otherwise it will not start.

How to solve this?

PLEASE! This thread is not for solving support issues.

If you have an issue

1. Use the search function to attempt to find similar relevant issues.
  2. If you find a thread already exists that addresses your issue, follow instruction there or attempt to help better clarify how the issue is affecting you.
  3. If no relevant thread exists, create a thread with an appropriate/accurate title so others who may have the issue are able to easily find it with the search function.
  4. Provide as much detail as possible describing the issue and your specific setup. We have provided an automated log uploader function in MyOSMC for your convenience. Failure to provide debug logs containing a demonstration of the issue will only result in your thread being ignored or taking far more time than necessary to resolve.

Thanks
OSMC Staff

Having issues with CEC; it appears to be another conflicting device since CEC works fine when I unplug the other device from the TV. No issues on alpha4. I fixed it by taping over pin13 on the offending device.

Happy to do some proper troubleshooting/bug reporting, but not really sure where to start.

(Edit: nevermind; I’ll search or create a new thread).

Btw, I really like the OSMC skin; it’s pretty much exactly what I’m looking for in a skin!

My Raspberry Pi 2 is running smoothly as a network media player with OSMC. The new version went on smoothly and works without any kinks or issues. Very well done, kudos :slight_smile:

One point on the upgrade: it would have been nice to have an easy way to retain the settings and (perhaps more importantly) the library, which took many hours to index the NAS contents and now it has to run again. The card inserted in a card reader on a Windows PC could only reveal a single partition with no user data.

This is development software until it reaches final. Of course this would be nice but there have been other priorities. After final is released it should never again be an issue. But if you really had needed the data, it easily could have been pulled off with sftp, smb, or similar means, ie: was not impossible.

I totally understand, this is definitely a “nice to have”, not a “requirement” :slight_smile: I only wish I knew how to do all that myself, or that I had the time to tinker with it long enough to figure it out myself. Eventually it would probably be a nice feature to sync the library from the SD card to a folder on the NAS; I’m having trust issues with flash memory more and more.

Have a look at using a mysql server on your nas to store the database, then you will not loose it each upgrade

http://kodi.wiki/view/MySQL

1 Like

Wow sweet!! My NAS is running OpenMediaVault which is Debian-based, and I can easily add the MySQL server even from the web management. This rocks :smiley: Many thanks!!

Installed the RC but reverted back to version 4 because I like the menu/skin better!
The only thing I do not like in version 4 is the too large font when, for example, selecting a movie.
Also, my database is on a NAS and I connect to it via NFS protocol. In the RC I notice that it takes longer to load the database than in version 4?