Osmc retropie running from network

I’m trying to sort out what I’m doing wrong. I’ve followed the information I found in RetroPie Roms Locations OSMC - #9 by osmcnoob I created a folder /home/osmc/roms and mounted my share to it using .smbcredentials to pass authentication.

RetroPie is seeing all of my roms but will not run any of them. I can ssh into it and see the fstab mounts are working, iI can navigate them, and write a test file to them. The share has three folders, backups, media, and RetroPie. the osmc library uses the media folder and I have tested a backup they are working as expected.

The roms start the run, I see the grey splash screen about error logging and configuration but then it returns me to the main menu.l’ve looked in /dev/shm/runcommand.log and pasted it below.

Parameters:
Executing: /opt/retropie/emulators/retroarch/bin/retroarch -L /opt/retropie/libretrocores/lr-snes9x2010/snes9x2010_libretro.so --config /opt/retropie/$
PPU.RenderSub = 1
PPU.FullClipping = 1
Settings.Transparency = 1
Settings.SpeedhackGameID = 0
PPU.SFXSpeedupHack = 0
coldata_update_screen = 1
/opt/retropie/supplementary/runcommand/runcommand.sh: line 1005: 1456 Segmentation fault /opt/retropie/emulators/retroarch/bin/retroarch -L /opt$

Segmentationfault seems to be a problem with the emulator itself.
Try to use a different one for this type of roms.
Did you try other systems?

Thanks for the insight. I did try a few other systems and got the same results. I also tried unzipping and playing the file that way. I’m going to try using a different system as you suggested and I’m going to try playing roms direct from the SD or USB to make sure they aren’t corrupted.