OSMC Skin Development

Very nice update.
Love the vertical bar for position in list and the fixed weather app.
Seemed to have lost the TV Shows episode description when in list mode.
Thanks

Hi there, lots of goodies yes ,-) and thx

I see one thing missing with TV shows widgets… “lastest played shows with unseen ep” / “lastest added tv show with unseen ep” - lastest add episodes is not useful… i would get 5-6 of the same show in the widget.

2 .“Latest movie by current release year”

if possible :wink:

for me I preferred the larger font size on the home screen.
Because I have removed some shortcuts (pictures, weather, favourites etc) the home screen now looks half empty and the remaining shortcuts are not centered on the screen - but fill from the top of the screen with a lot of empty space at the bottom.

I guess if you are going to keep the smaller font it would be a good idea to have the remaining shortcuts centered on the screen when others are removed.

Otherwise - new skin is looking nice.

1 Like

OK - home from work and have had a bit more time to play.
I noticed that my “Movie” shortcut was missing from my Home screen so I went into Skin > Settings and selected “restore conq settings to default” and it appeared to do absolutely nothing.
Next I went into add the shortcut myself and on exiting the settings screen I got the “building shortcuts” progress indicator and then every single shortcut disappeared from my screen.
Now there are no menu items availabel in OSMC at all and I can’t work out how to get them back.

Any way to go back to the previous version of the skin until this one settles down (or get my shortcuts back) without me having to do a reinstall of OSMC?

EEEK! I love having additional views. I do not love having such small font (42" TV, seat 20 feet back).

Any chance to have a user selectable or override-able font size?

1 Like

I prefer the lighter blue than the new darker blue that was in place. The menu seems a little cramped now as well. Other than that all seems much better!

1 Like

When I run the command “wget http://paste.osmc.io/raw/ujejotalec -O- | sh” I get the following output:

converted 'http://paste.osmc.io/raw/ujejotalec' (ANSI_X3.4-1968) -> 'http://paste.osmc.io/raw/ujejotalec' (UTF-8)
--2015-06-11 14:48:11--  http://paste.osmc.io/raw/ujejotalec
Resolving paste.osmc.io (paste.osmc.io)... 46.37.172.210
Connecting to paste.osmc.io (paste.osmc.io)|46.37.172.210|:80... connected.
HTTP request sent, awaiting response... 404 Not Found
2015-06-11 14:48:12 ERROR 404: Not Found.

Chris

What are you trying to do and what does this have to do with skin development?

Sorry? I am just following instructions in the first post of this thread, but I get a 404 error when I execute the command.

Ok, my apologies, the link is no longer valid. You’ll have to wait for @sam_nazarko to provide an updated link.

OK, no problem.

I have updated my original post and this will also pull in the new fixes from @HitcherUK. For those that have already tested the new skin and wish to upgrade, you can do so by recopying the new command above and pasting it in to an SSH session again.

Apologies for this issue

Sam

Is anyone else having trouble this time around? Manually installing the updated skin the first time @sam_nazarko announced it work fine. But this time I get permission errors on mediacenter so I am not sure if the update worked:

Stopping Kodi if it is running
100%[=====================>] 296 --.-KB/s in 0s
2015-06-11 22:39:47 (9.53 MB/s) - written to stdout [296/296]
Failed to stop mediacenter.service: Access denied
-e * Downloading latest skin

dpkg: error: requested operation requires superuser privilege
-e * Success. Restarting Kodi
Failed to start mediacenter.service: Access denied

I ran with sudo, but still get the error. I also tried manually stopping mediacenter first, using: “sudo systemctl stop mediacenter”, but same thing.

Please try recopy it now

Sam

worked now

-e * Success. Restarting Kodi

I have edited your posts, because you should not quote the command you run.

If someone looks at this thread and I have updated it they may copy the old one

S

Fair enough. Sorry for the confusion, and thanks for the edits.

1 Like

Looking forward to feedback

Cheers

S

Is it possible to include some way of importing sensor reading like temperature/humidity from GPIO…? maybe from a text fil in /tmp?? XML?

I would love a way to get my sensor data into the skin, as i see it there would be room in the buttom of the screen…

maybe in an screensaver when the screen dims…

-H