OSMC Skin Development

Thanks for sorting it.

Chris

I like the new layout. Personally, I prefer the smaller font. But that is probably because I am watching on a 100" projector screen - the previous sizing seemed much too large for me.

Colours are good. In particular, it is much easier to follow navigation now (i.e. to know what is currently selected).

Previous problems I was having with some screens being cut off have been resolved (for example, the old skin had issues with text being cut off on the window to modify the main screen layout. But this is no longer an issue).

I doubt this is skin-related, but the timing happens to be exactly after the new skin was installed - it seems like reboot takes longer now. Previously, a reboot command would start immediately. But now the system sometimes seems to hang for about 10 seconds before going into reboot.

hey I know this is rather stupid of me but how do I return the the normal version of the skin, a bit stuck…

If you’re wanting to revert back to the previous released version of the OSMC skin, try the following from the command line via ssh:

sudo systemctl stop mediacenter
sudo apt-get install mediacenter-skin-osmc=2.3.3
sudo systemctl start mediacenter

Keep in mind though that a version of the skin closely resembling the one you’ve been testing will be pushed as an official update soon - at which time you’ll get automatically updated back to it again.

thankyou very much !

HI devs.

after i have been using the updatet skin, i do feel that system menu resamples the main menu to much, should have a different color or being more so im not unsure if i have gone in to settings, looks to much alike.

one question, how does the widget gets it’s data?.. i have seen that the music widget shown old albums i have deleted and made a clean database… it’s not there but the widgets shows the albums.

-harry

I like it a lot better. Good work, very good.

today got an update and afterwards skin got changed. i really don’t like the new look :frowning:

I bought a Pi on seeing OSMC because I’ve been looking for a media centre to replace my old WDTV box. I was attracted by the great looking, clean, modern design and although it’s still very much the case, I’m also one of a few who prefer the previous design.

I know everyone’s opinion is different but the spaced out menu and lighter background, to me, just looked better - I’m on a 40" screen if it makes any difference. I tried the SSH commands above to get the old one but it seems v2.3.3 isn’t available. Is there another way to install it?

Asa

Here it is (it won’t replace the current skin but will be added as another skin called osmc-legacy,) btw haven’t tried installing the zip so dunno if the structure is correct or not. If not just unzip and ssh it to your add ons folder: Dropbox - File Deleted

provided as is; no support or further updates (basically to be used until the main skin matures imo)

1 Like

Ah now that’s familiar! Many thanks for doing that, appreciated.

Asa