Osmc touch screen problem

Hi. i recently purchased a usb touchscreen for my raspberry pi 3 to use with osmc. Now osmc only recognise when i touch it and cursor shows on top left corner. But in raspbian and ubunto mate the touch screen works well. Now i want to know how can i solve it ? Can i import raspbian or ubuntu mate touchscreen drivers into osmc to get working ?

my touch screen is “ILITEK Multi-Touch-V3000” and i see this too: “from XInput”
its what i see from calibration tool in raspbian.

The touchscreen probably uses X11, which OSMC doesn’t use.

Is the cursor moving when you move your finger?

Thanks for reply
No. Only cursor shows on top left corner.

Ok, was just a hope. Than as Sam wrote most likely the touchscreen is driven by a X11 input driver which would not be present in OSMC as no X11 is used

Thanks
is there a way to solve it ?

No, unless your touchscreen has a HID emulation mode or a kernel driver that works without x11.

Can i use raspbian kernel in osmc ? Or there is no way to import or install x11 on osmc ? Or there is no other kodi or mediacenters that i can use ? My touchscreen works well in Windows 10 too. Thanks for your reply

No, but if you believe your touchscreen has a kernel driver (I doubt it) you can try to compile that driver for OSMC.

You can install X11 (see [Testing] X11(simple desktop) + Chromium(web browser) in a simple installer for Stretch) but that will run instead of Kodi and without hardware acceleration.

Thanks again
so what if i install kodi under raspbian ?
There is no other mediacenters like osmc with x11 support ?

Not sure what you mean? Kodi is the mediacenter that is part of OSMC.
If you install it using X11 you will have issues with HW acceleration.

Ok many thanks for your help.
So my only choices must be only raspbian and ubuntu mate ? i want something like kodi.

hi. is there anybody knows how to fix touchscreen to work with kodi ?
my touch screen is “ILITEK Multi-Touch-V3000” and i see this too: “from XInput”

is there any other Mediacenter Os’s that support my touchscreen ?

Basically there are only two main mediacenter distributions for the Pi. OSMC and Libreelec. Based on my knowledge both don’t use X11 so I assume both don’t support your touch screen. But feel free to checkout libreelec

thanks . i tried libreelec but wont work. there is about 5 mediacenter distributions for the Pi. xbian - opnelec - libreelec - osmc and carpi . i tried 3 of them but dont work. only raspbian and ubuntu mate worked

i just need a mediaplayer to use in my car.
my touch screen is “ILITEK Multi-Touch-V3000” “from XInput”
anybody knows anything that can help me ?

If the touchscreen works in Raspbian, then why don’t you just install Kodi on Raspbian?

are you sure it’ll be working ?

Since I don’t have the touchscreen to test with, I have no idea, and I doubt anyone else here would. If you are experimenting and tinkering, then you should be doing just that. Give Kodi a try on Raspbian and see what happens.

EDIT: It was pointed out to me that while Kodi would work, you will not get hardware acceleration for the video, so video playback probably wouldn’t work very good.