Osmc upgrade - jan

Hi,
as i upgraded osmc to the latest version - jan 2020, my conlfuence skin is not working anymore why? how can i fix it?

Also i have a movie h264 video … and i cant playback it anymore …
I was told its:
Bug in amlcodec, which is not supported anymore
it cannot cope with the h264 video you throw at it
How can i fix that bug also?

thanks

To get a better understanding of the problem you are experiencing we need more information from you. The best way to get this information is for you to upload logs that demonstrate your problem. You can learn more about how to submit a useful support request here.

Depending on the used skin you have to set the settings-level to standard or higher, in summary:

• enable debug logging at settings->system->logging

• reboot the OSMC device

• reproduce the issue

• upload the log set either using the Log Uploader method within the My OSMC menu in the GUI or the ssh method invoking command grab-logs -A

• publish the provided URL from the log set upload, here

Thanks for your understanding. We hope that we can help you get up and running again shortly.

OSMC skin screenshot:

can do that, but what about confluence skin?

Logs may help show what’s going on with that also.

it may but it seems like a general bug?
also that h264 amlcodec is generic bug?

We need logs to try and understand the problem.

As mentioned on IRC:

We haven’t had other reports of these issues, so we need information about your system to resolve it.

If it was a problem that others were experiencing, we would reproduce and resolve the issue on our side. But for now we need to learn more information about how your system is configured.

Cheers

Sam

while trying to change skin to confluence - A confluence Zeitgeist
:> the dependency on xbmc.gyu version 5.9.0 could not be satisfied

while trying to do a playback of movie:
https://paste.osmc.tv/sifofibuzo

can playback movie without any issue using vlc player
media codec info: https://imgur.com/a/xLr6sXY

Can you please post full information using MediaInfo?

The skin version you are installing is too old. See if an updated version is available. My understanding is that there is not a Kodi v18 (Leia) compatible version. See Where to download Confluence skin (Leia).

From your log, assuming the file is “Before the Flood-Je s nami konec-Dokument Leonardo Di Caprio.avi” – it is corrupted. Remuxing the file should resolve the issue.

i do not understand:
And check for upgrade addons shows nothing. I did force install 4.5.4 from repository and it compatible with Leia.

how can i force install 4.5.4 … basically you pushed update and it breaks things down…

Regarding the file …vlc can playback it w/otut any issue, what do u mean by remux? I dont have mediainfo on my windows… isnt that full description from vlc i posted?

eneral
Complete name : C:\Users\heap\Desktop\Before the Flood-Je s nami konec-Dokument Leonardo Di Caprio.avi
Format : AVI
Format/Info : Audio Video Interleave
Format profile : OpenDML
File size : 1.36 GiB
Duration : 1 h 35 min
Overall bit rate : 2 043 kb/s
Writing application : Lavf56.25.101

Video
ID : 0
Format : AVC
Format/Info : Advanced Video Codec
Format profile : High@L3.1
Format settings : CABAC / 1 Ref Frames
Format settings, CABAC : Yes
Format settings, Reference frames : 1 frame
Codec ID : H264
Bit rate : 1 836 kb/s
Width : 1 280 pixels
Height : 720 pixels
Display aspect ratio : 16:9
Frame rate mode : Variable
Frame rate : 25.000 FPS
Color space : YUV
Chroma subsampling : 4:2:0
Bit depth : 8 bits
Scan type : Progressive
Bits/(Pixel*Frame) : 0.080
Stream size : 1.22 GiB (90%)
Color range : Limited
Color primaries : BT.709
Transfer characteristics : BT.709
Matrix coefficients : BT.709

Audio
ID : 1
Format : AAC LC
Format/Info : Advanced Audio Codec Low Complexity
Codec ID : FF-2
Bit rate : 192 kb/s
Channel(s) : 2 channels
Channel layout : L R
Sampling rate : 44.1 kHz
Frame rate : 43.066 FPS (1024 SPF)
Compression mode : Lossy
Stream size : 131 MiB (9%)
Alignment : Split across interleaves
Interleave, duration : 23 ms (0.58 video frame)

Firstly, OSMC will never update without your permission.

Confluence is not available for Kodi Leia to my understanding. We have been shipping Kodi Leia for almost a year now. It’s possible you’ve upgraded from a very old version of OSMC, where Confluence was previously supported, but it is not supported now.

VLC is likely playing back with software acceleration. You can probably do the same under Settings → Video → Playback and disabling AMCodec, but this is not an ideal solution. Hardware decoders have lower tolerances than software decoders to problematic files. The file also has a variable frame rate, which is not tolerated well by hardware decoders. In short: it is a bad recording.

From which repository did you install it from?
I would suggest contacting the maintainer of that repository if it’s not from the official Kodi repository.

Sam

regarding to that movie? so there is no way how to playback it on osmc? by remux you meant?

and yes i upgraded osmc like after year? so confluence is now not working anymore … and i have no clue about what reporsitory are you mentioning?

that sentence regarding the force install 4.5.4 i copypasted from link you posted…

so basically no help on confluence, and no clue on playback of the file…?
thanks

I installed confluence from Add ons -> Skin… works now…
just wondering how to fix that playback.

You can try using a tool like MKVToolNix and try to re-mux it. It will not re-encode, it just repackages it.

You have 2 repositories in your sources.xml that are on the official Kodi list of banned addons.

Not sure if that will help – because of the variable frame rate, but it’s worth a shot.

The file he is trying to play is 720p and very low bitrate so he should be able to disable hw acceleration and still play it just fine.

Just remember to enable hw acceleration for proper 1080p files and up

no clue how to remux … repackage it… million of options … and also dont wanna do that hassle to change the config all the time based on the format…

so there is no way how to playback it without remux? or changing the configs of kodi?

thanks

Just disable hardware acceleration. It should then play.

Are you having problems with other files, or is Before the Flood-Je s nami konec-Dokument Leonardo Di Caprio.avi the only one?