OSMC with PCTV 292e

a little progress … sort of.

I booted up the rpi I have kicking around with osmc on and checked the loaded modules and looks like the following are related to running the 292e:

si2157
si2168
i2c_mux
em28xx_dvb
dvb_core
em28xx
tveeprom
v4l2_common
videodev
media

with that in mind i tried to build the linux.tv drivers with only what was needed

I managed to get the drivers to compile by only selecting what seemed to be relevant in the .config folder under v4l and it installs without any error but now when I try to to modprobe em28xx or em28xx_dvb I get:

modprobe: ERROR: could not insert 'em28xx_dvb': Exec format error

and in dmesg I get:

[  556.805487] media: exports duplicate symbol __media_entity_remove_links (owned by kernel)

restored the vero to a image I took before any modifications were done and tried the same but received the same outcome.

Pete

how is going, mine seem to work pretty well, got my license code installed so all is fine and i can even watch programs on same mux on different devices, kinda impressed. Though the HD isnt showing or added to the channels, tried adding the mux manually but no progress. Im not really bothered.

not well :cry:

I think I might need to “cross compile” the v4l drivers but at the moment its all well over my head trying to get that setup.