OSMC's April update is here

Work of art! Thank you very much

Awesome stuff! Is anyone else having CEC issues? The play, pause, stop, and fwd/rwd buttons on my Vizio remote no longer work on OSMC. It’s as if my CEC controls got partially broken. Directional arrows, ok, and exit all still work.

“Fix an issue with CEC which could cause a TV to be powered on spuriously” - looks like this still happens to me after the update…

Hi,

@NPeete

both, please raise a new post with logs.

Thanks Tom.

Very impressed by HEVC (H.265) performance on Pi3 in latest release. Played an hour of 1080p, 24fps content without a noticeable hickup. Same thing burped and stuttered on previous releases.

Nice, Thanks.

• Fix an issue with CEC which could cause a TV to be powered on spuriously

Hello,
I have my pi2 connected to Marantz AVR and it is always runing. Until this update, on turning on the AVR, the Panasonic TV was automatically turned on too, and my TV remote was working.
now, I have to turn the TV on manually and need to reboot kodi to make the TV remote working :frowning:
any idea how to fix this? Thanks

Hi,

sorry to hear your having issues, please raise a new post with logs

regards tom

2 posts were split to a new topic: Cec issues after april update

I’m suck on the upgrade process on a pi3.
Got the following error:

What should I do @sam_nazarko?

Looks like you may have a failing SDcard. Did you power cycle and re-try the upgrade again yet?

Hi,

It seems like your SD card may be problematic.

Some SD cards are not genuine or have a lower capacity than advertised. Some simply fail over time.

Symptoms of SD cards not working correctly are:

• Read-only behaviour, or changes made not persisting
  • A filesystem corruption error

Symptoms of counterfeit SD cards are:

• Writing works until a certain filesystem size is reached, thereafter, writes seem to cause issues where existing data is lost or newly written data is not preserved.
  • SD card fails after a short amount of time.

Counterfeit cards are usually found on Amazon and eBay.

SD cards have a limited lifespan. I recommend you change SD card and suspect that issues will no longer persist with a good card. If you would like to be a good quality SD card purpose manufactured for OSMC, then you can find one in the Store.