OSMC's Easter update is here with Kodi v18 (Leia) - OSMC

No issues here, just wanted to report how satisfied I am with the update and support. Kodi feels smoother now (even with the demanding Aeon MQ 8 skin) and finally cinemagraphs don’t cause a brief stutter anymore. Everything else works just like before :slight_smile:

I got a rdp3 that needs a fresh install, so I will do that tonight and see what happens here :slight_smile: I will come back to you with more info. :slight_smile:

Please start a new thread if you still have issues.

This means that your Raspberry Pi is running >85C. The system will be throttled.

Correct @sam_nazarko but why does this happen on version 18 and version 17 :ok_hand:t2::+1:t2:

Kodi v18 uses more resources than Kodi v17.

Just upgraded to the latest release everything went fine on my Vero4K. Not sure where to put this as it is a positive but the HDR to SDR conversion has greatly improved on this release and now is almost as good as my Panasonic. Thanks for this :smiley:

2 Likes

Possibly a stupid question, but will this upgrade install automatically or do you need to do anything?

As always if you have auto install enabled it will downloaded automatically but you need to confirm the installation.

OK. Thanks. That is the same confirmation as for minor upgrades? “Updates have been downloaded but need to…”, right?

yes

Do we know roughly what the idle power draw for the Vero 4K+ was before this update, and how much it is after it? It says that’s an improvement, I just wonder if it’s a noticeable one? =)

Well I don’t know the “idle power draw” but the idle CPU usage has dropped from 30% to 24% which is a 20% drop.

1 Like

Finally Kodi doesn’t die after a while with the screensaver and the CPU isn’t at 90% when idle.

Love you Sam! :heart_eyes:

That’s excellent, thank you!

Updated yesterday without any issue! All content plays like before, suspend still works, …Seems a little bit snappier.

Only thing I’ve notices when I execute a library clean up the Vero 4k+ hangs… I can kill the clean up by selecting “cancel” so its not dead.

But this looks like a Kodi issue to me, not an OSMC issue. I will investigate further before opening a separate thread…

Anybody else encountered this?

Anyway, thanks for the great work!

It’s possible you have a problematic file in your library which Kodi is struggling with.

We should be able to work it out in a new post

Sam

Hi Sam. I let it run for about 45 minutes and it came trough. Now the library clean ups go smooth. So just a one time issue. no need to investigate further.

Thanks!

I had that kind of problem time ago, before I changed my htpc to a vero 4k+. I used this addon that fixed the problem: GitHub - the-black-eagle/script.database.cleaner: A script for Kodi to aid in cleaning the video database

As explained on their web: “This script will connect to your video database (either MySQL or SQLite), read the sources you have defined in your sources.xml (all the paths you have added to Kodi containing your movies/tv-shows) and delete anything in the ‘files’ table of the database that isn’t in your sources.”

Have a try if problem appears again.

OK. Thanks! I will check this out.