OSMC's February update is here with Kodi v20.3 - OSMC

We hope you've had a good Christmas and New Year. We've been working hard to improve OSMC for all platforms and keep things running smoothly. The end of 2023 was also busy for us, with the announcement of Vero V, our fifth iteration of our flagship device.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://osmc.tv/2024/02/osmcs-february-update-is-here-with-kodi-v20-3
4 Likes

Maybe I am not interpreting the notes correctly, but is this also patched?

Yes it’s fixed - forgot to add it to the release notes. Will do shortly. Thanks for the reminder.

1 Like

I was summoned by being quoted, lol. Thanks for the update and fixing that specific issue, too!

Was wondering, what’s the typical delay until the update can be found manually? OSMC is not finding it yet.

1 Like

usually 1-2 hours before most mirrors are updated, then most client will find it if manually checking.

I just did the update and even after a second reboot the file “bypass_all” still contains 0 instead of 1 and the visual issues are back. I’ll just keep my own bootup script running for now, but wanted to let you know.

My OSMC shows February 2024 as version. Vero 4k+

I’d suggest posting some logs in a new thread so we can check that your system has updated fully.

EDIT: disregard, I can see the issue.

Many thanks

Sam

This should now be resolved. Thanks for the report. I’ve also updated the release notes as advised earlier.

Cheers

Sam

1 Like

Can confirm, the second update now works as intended. Many thanks to you and the team!

Thanks for confirming, much obliged

Sam

Dear Sam,
you already informed that one of the OSMC tasks is to properly implement DVTM.
Is this going to be part of future updates of Kodi 20.x or 21.x/new kernel will be required instead?
Thanks

This is not a change tied to Kodi and it should work fine with Kodi v20.
With that said, Kodi v21 ships with a newer ffmpeg (6.x) which can detect and handle DV profiles better. This could be beneficial in the future but doesn’t have an impact at this time

We will have some testing soon.

Sam

1 Like

So, with the Vero V the value of “/sys/module/di/parameters/bypass_all” should still be 0? I know in that thread you mentioned the issue didn’t concern the V, but just wanted to confirm. On my Vero 4K+ it shows 1, but on my V it shows 0.

Hi Sam, is this related to my topic (Split HDMI signal - #15 by sam_nazarko ) for adding one globally to OSMC that activates in the presence of a file existing. Perhaps /lib/firmware/edid-custom.bin

Correct – it’s now possible to manually configure HDMI capabilities.
You won’t need a custom EDID for this and can configure it via Settings → Display

Cheers

Sam

1 Like

Yes – they will differ depending on the platform you check

Sam

1 Like

thanks, will install the update later this evening and gonna see what needs to be configured via Settings → Display.

I replied in my previous topic, as it didn’t work as expected

Thank you! It’s amazingly nice to receive software updates for hardware purchased in 2018 that still work great.

1 Like

Ohhh thanks for that! I thought I was going nuts when I tried to watch the first 4K video on the Vero V - and only saw the a tiny video in the upper left part of the TV screen. I was able to work around this by manually scaling the video - but a bugfix sounds better!