OSMC's July update is here

I had also spotted that kodi did not receive a version bump. I was hoping for the fixes brought by these 2 commits:

No problems though, i’ve built a custom version using the tip of leia. I also add a custom patch anyhow to backport some work i did upstream for matrix:

1 Like

I’m waiting for Kodi v18.4 which should be ready by the end of the month.
I can give this a bump in the staging repository if you’d like

Sam

I’m good, my custom build with leia bump is working nicely so will probably stick there until 18.4 becomes official.

Would however be nice to get this backported:

Dont worry if not, I can continue pulling from git and doing my own builds until matrix eventually is released.

Can you PR a backport to Kodi?
Might be worth asking if they will accept it first.

Sam

As its not a bugfix theres little to no chance a backport would be accepted, otherwise would have created one earlier.

No problems, happy to wait until matrix, and create custom builds in the intrim.

1 Like

No new features regarding the skin engine will be backported by Kodi unfortunately.

@chillbo might twist my arm and get me to backport skin engine improvements anyway…

Sam

2 Likes

So happy with the coming support / test builds with 3D MVC support.
This is a long wish, since early 2018, so happy to see great progress has been made on this! Thank you.

Thank
U Sam —Great Support !

Hi, I’m using OSMC on RPi 2B and I noticed that the system hangs for a while when I reboot or shutdown. It hangs on “Reached target shutdown”.
This started when OSMC updated to the july release. Maybe it’s just a coincidence, but before the update I didn’t notice any delays.
Anyone experienced this behavior?

Haven’t noticed this issue. Can you reproduce it on a fresh installation?

Any chance that Black screen if you start video after picture · Issue #14643 · xbmc/xbmc · GitHub will get included in the upcoming Kodi releases?

I don’t really understand the question. You’re pointing to an issue, rather than a fix or commit.

Thanks for the great update Sam. Image quality of live TV has improved significantly (wobbling of subs/lines is gone).
Looking forward to HLG support, to watch formula 1 in 4K HDR quality (RTL UHD channel). Now I’m forced to fallback to IPTV app running at TV.

Support for Hybrid-Log-Gamma will come with a kernel update at the end of the Summer. We’ll make testing available soon.

Cheers

Sam

1 Like

I’ll try to do it. The OSMC installer does not have the july release available for selection yet. So I’ll install the previous one (june) and then I will update to the july release via My OSMC. Will get back with the results.

The July images will be available in a few hours, I’m building them now.

OK, I’ll wait then. Thanks.

What exactly does this refer to, any link?

There were a couple of reports on the forum about this. I don’t have a link at hand unfortunately