OSMC's July update lands (a little late) with Kodi 15

Originally published at: OSMC’s July update lands (a little late) with Kodi 15 - OSMC
Hi everyone, Last month, we announced OSMC’s stable release and since then we’ve been busy. It’s a new month, which means we’ve a new update as promised. This is a big one and brings the much anticipated Kodi 15, named Isengard. The next version of Kodi will be named Jarvis. This new version of Kodi…

8 Likes

Before someone asks, the reason we still called this the July update is because we’d rather like to deliver another update in August too :smile:

Sam

2 Likes

Sam,

I have a question, can be upgraded by command line?

thanks for your hard work, waiting to test it for tonight.

Hi

You can upgrade via

sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get dist-upgrade

Before doing this, please be aware that this will upgrade your Kodi database version. If you are using a MySQL shared library, you should ensure your clients are upgraded.

Best

Sam

1 Like

finger crossed, UPDATING!

Thanks for the hard work. OSMC is shaping up brilliantly.

Out of curiosity, why the upgrade to Linux 4.1? Could this break the packages that rely on Jessie’s 3.16 kernel?

BTW, do you know if this is (or will be) fixed? It wasn’t an issue on Raspbmc.

Thanks again.

Many thanks for your wonderful work… Everything seems ok ! HD-DTS is a great improvement. Cheers from Paris. niKo

No, you should be fine. We have always shipped 3.18+ on OSMC anyway.

Better device compatibility is the main reason

That issue is fixed in this update.

Sam

Great, cheers!

Hey mate,

Brilliant work! Any way I can see a list of the supported wifi dongles?

Cheers.

Quick question. Does this release bring the improved SD driver we had beta tested a few months back?
If so, is it default or does it need enabling?

Thanks!
jjg

Support for sdhost should be built in, but you will need to enable it with dtoverlay=sdhost in config.txt.

Does this have the latest firmware so we can use hdmi_mai_thresh=0x1412 for the ones with HDMI issues?

The Raspberry Pi firmware version in this update is the 3rd of August - eg today.

1 Like

Hopefully the default values are now good for everyone.

1 Like

Not quite that simple I’m afraid.

OSMC has a policy of if it isn’t supported, let us know and we’ll support it.

Sam

I have only black screen after upgrading. I will never update a working system!

Same Problem here Error while upgrade. Also by doing this by command line. RPi2

Update went great!

In a boot loop with sad face smiley :open_mouth:

Checking the logs I get this error:

aug 03 21:59:26 osmc mediacenter[251]: /usr/lib/kodi/kodi.bin: error while loading shared libraries: libvorbisenc.so.2: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
aug 03 21:59:26 osmc sudo[310]: pam_unix(sudo:session): session closed for user osmc
aug 03 21:59:26 osmc mediacenter[251]: Kodi exited with return code 127 after 0 hours, 0 minutes and 1 seconds

Manually installed libvorbisenc2 and it came back alive :slight_smile: