OSMC's July update lands (a little late) with Kodi 15

Hi

Did you guys by any chance run apt-get auto-remove?

It seems this dependency is missing, and we’re currently rebuilding Kodi to include this library as we speak.

However, provided you have not ran auto-remove, this dependency shouldn’t have been removed.

Sam

A log will certainly help here.

You’re expected to ‘reboot’ after upgrading. Did you do this? If you updated via the command line, you’ll need to do this manually. OSMC will only reboot automatically if you upgraded via My OSMC

Sam

Just done the update on my pi2 using Confluence as my skin but I’ve now lost access to the configuration under the system tab its been replaced my MyOSMC which is a copy of what’s in the settings tab?

Can you provide a photograph of what you mean and let me know what menu you’re trying to access?

In this patch:

https://github.com/osmc/osmc/blob/master/package/mediacenter-osmc/patches/all-024-my-osmc-in-confluence.patch

Settings was swapped for My OSMC. However you don’t need to select Settings. You should be able to go in to Settings just by pressing System (and not scrolling down to one of the tabs).

Sam

My Wifi dongle is not connecting after the update.

Please start a new thread

Sam

The problem for me is that the package should be extracted to /mnt/ that’s where my nfs share (read-only) goes to. But mnt is for mounting points … not for temp extracting …

I don’t follow. Are you using an OSMC NFS installation via the OSMC installer?

Can you start a new thread if this is an OSMC issue?

Sam

No i dont. On my served there is an nfs share and the RPi mounts them to /mnt/

Hi

That should not cause a problem. We don’t extract any OSMC packages to /mnt and there shouldn’t be a problem if an NFS share is mounted there.

If you upload a log in a new thread we can take a closer look at what’s going on and help

Cheers

Sam

If you update from the command line using

sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get dist-upgrade

It is normal for the screen to go blank while updating Kodi itself - this is because we cannot replace Kodi while it is running, so it is automatically shut down. When the upgrade process is complete (you did let it run to completion, right ?) simply reboot.

When you update via My OSMC, Kodi will be automatically restarted for you (or the system will reboot if updates require a reboot) but if you upgrade from the command line its up to you to restart after the upgrade.

I updated with a manual update via the My OSMC app and am now stuck at the splash screen after files were seemingly successfully downloaded and installed. Once stalled at the spash screen for 10mins or so, the screen goes to black (wired keyboard inputs don’t produce any response on either splash screen or black screen for what it’s worth). The first time this happened, I ssh-ed in and rebooted, only for it to go through the same cycle again.

I’ve run sudo journalctl under the osmc account and can post anything here that might be helpful, though nothing seems obviously awry there. I’m going to try a full power down and reboot now, but any suggestions would be much appreciated!

thx

Hi

Try a reboot. If symptoms persist, please start a new thread:

• Can you upload your kodi.log?
  • Can you upload sudo journalctl | paste-log
  • Do you use Kodi’s library mode?
  • Is it a large library?

Library upgrades can take some time, so it may be a matter of patience.

Cheers

Sam

How do I access the kodi.log file these days? I just went to /home/osmc/.kodi/userdata/ but can’t see it

sorry to be a pain!

/home/osmc/.kodi/temp/kodi.log

Please start a new thread for your issue. Release threads always get a bit crowded.

Sam

Updated via gui - and was greeted minutes later by a message that the update has failed… :neutral_face:

Anyway, Kodi was running and I saw that Kodi itself got updated, but the Kernel wasn’t.
As I still could ssh into my Pi2, I checked /boot and saw a bunch of crypted and LARGE files and folders that led me to think that maybe my config.txt setting of “dtoverlay=sdhost,overclock_50=63” has been the culprit and may have corrupted my sd card during the update process…

Trying to delete those files and folders via ssh didn’t work as the partition was read only now.
So I connected it to my workstation, copied what was readable, formatted it and copied these files back, deleting that said dtoverlay-line while doing that.

Voilà, OSMC came back :smile:

After that I forced the kernels’ install - and ran apt-get autoremove :cry:
I ended up by creating a new sd card using an OSMC backup, and now everything’s up again.

My bad that I cannot provide any logs, though.
At least I can assure that it wasn’t due to a weak psu as I didn’t have any problems with the one used as of now - even did the rebuild with it while additionally connecting an USB stick and a keyboard - no hickups.

Anyway, OSMC works great - many thanks for that, folks :yum:

Hi

We are only supporting the default SD card driver at this time.

If you experience any odd behaviour again, please let us know at the earliest possible opportunity.

While I am glad you are up and running on your original install, I’d suggest a backup via My OSMC and a fresh install for integrity’s sake

Sam

Yup I did (Thought I was just being thorough :wink: )

This is why you had the issue. My mistake.

I have fixed the dependency and I am now building the new Debian packages so that this is safe.

Sam

thanks found the menu now. I think a few Confluence users might have the same problem I’ve always scrolled down to access the kodi configuration menu.