OSMC's July update lands (a little late) with Kodi 15

Our new Wiki should be out soon and we’ll try and make it as clear as possible

Sam

Yes. New to OSMC & Kodi. Now with this update and the SYSTEM Settings menu item disappearing (yes, found it by clicking on system) and being replaced by My OSMC is not consistent with the rest of the interface and seems to be a regression for a newbie like me.

Finally picked up a Raspberry Pi so I could play with OSMC, installing now. Looking forward to seeing the product of all your hard work!

Out of curiosity, does the change to Kodi 15 impact the “coming soon” status of the AppleTV build? Hoping to get OSMC running on my ATV1 as soon as its possible (and would love to help out with testing etc. if possible). I also have an Intel Mac mini 1st gen with a CrystalHD card and was wondering if the ATV installer would work for that as well, or might there be a generic x86 build?

Thanks for all this amazing effort!

Hi

The AppleTV build is still in progress.

There will not be a build for x86 Mac

Sam

Great to hear, thanks!

Understood, I know it’s outside the scope of what you’re up to these days. I’ll try to clone the ATV install to the Mac mini and see how that goes :smiley:

That won’t work I’m afraid

Sam

I just upgraded my Pi B, and looks good. One little thing I noticed is the version of Kodi:

osmc@osmc:~$ grep Platform .kodi/temp/kodi.log
19:01:06  19.768747 T:3023462960  NOTICE: Starting Kodi (15.1-RC1 Git:Unknown). Platform: Linux          ARM 32-bit

Is this correct, 15.1-RC1??

Yes – that looks fine to me.

Sam

@sam_nazarko just a cosmetic thing as there’s no mention of v15

“Open Source Media Center running Kodi”
to

“Open Source Media Center running Kodi 15”

else everything running great here! thanks!

I think this is quite minor

Sam

Sam, the only reason it worries me a little is that it’s an RC. I don’t like using RCs on my production system :wink:

It’s not an RC, don’t worry

Sam

OK. I like the new forum BTW, really nice!

I just switched to OSMC yesterday, and am real happy with it so far. And best thing about it, I can use my favorite skin Transparency! which never worked well on RaspbMC.

Keep up the good work!
Brian

On new update service kodi.bin don’t start on OSMC’ boot :frowning: .

Please start a new forum post with some logs

Sam

“Virtual suspend” not implemented =(

How is the new Hama MCE keymap installed in the system?

I was expecting the find it in /usr/share/kodi/system/keymaps so that I could remove the version that I had installed in /home/osmc/.kodi/userdata/keymaps.

But I don’t see a hama_mce.xml, event though this patch would suggest it should be there: osmc/all-022-add-hama-keymap.xml at 1a3d41cf92c93684b05523360e97a53885e36460 · osmc/osmc · GitHub

1 Like

Oh, and amazing job on the new build :slight_smile:

It should be installed by this patch:

https://github.com/osmc/osmc/blob/master/package/mediacenter-osmc/patches/all-022-add-hama-keymap.xml

But it wasn’t, because it didn’t have the .patch extension. I’ll fix this and we’ll be rebuilding Kodi shortly anyway.

Sam

1 Like

Hello,
after dist-upgrade i miss the dvb-client, i cant activate TV on Kodi.
I need the backend, but i cant find the backend at the addons!?
TVHeadend works fine.

Any Ideas? Thanks!
Micha